fifty seven

Few days later

October 13, 2016

I woke up to Kalin putting on his shoes at the end of the bed, I crawled to him, so I was behind him.
"Good morning," he said kissing my cheek "where ya off too?" I asked "I'm headed to work on some music with Bari," he said. "Sounds fun, call me later?" I said "yea, I love you," he said walking downstairs. I plopped onto the bed he forgot my birthday I thought, I sighed. I picked up my phone to see that my siblings wished me a happy birthday on social media, I smiled. My phone started to ring, it was my mom

Mom- happy birthday sweetheart

Thanks mom

Mom- cone over around 2, we have a surprise for you

Yea

Mom- what's wrong? You're usually way more excited for your birthday

Well...Kalin forgot mom

Mom- aw Alana maybe he didn't, what if he went to get your present or something

Maybe. Ill be over in a few

Mom- okay, I love you

I love you too mom bye

I hung up before getting up and stretching. I put on (photo) before grabbing my keys. I snapped a quick picture in the car and posted it on Instagram with the caption:

@alanamccall: 19 never felt so good: )

I started to get comments and likes quickly I chuckled. After 30 minutes of driving, I finally pulled up at my parent's house, there we're about 5 cars in the driveway. We park in the garage. I rang the doorbell, Arden opened it with a smile "hey sis, happy birthday!" She said, hugging me "thanks lil sis," I said, hugging her. I stepped into the house to see Ashley, Jack, Aunt Susan, Uncle Andrew and his wife Amelia. "I don't know who to hug first," I said truthfully, they laughed. "How about me," Uncle Andrew said standing up "hi Uncle Andre I missed you," I said, hugging him. "Don't lie, you missed my gifts," he said, I chuckled "you already know," I said, he laughed. Uncle Andrew is dad's younger brother, he's 25, his wife hugged me next "hi Aunt Amelia," I said. "Hey Alana, there's a little extra money in the bottom there," she whispered, I noddeed with a wink. Next was Jack, he's been my friend since 7th grade "Lana," he said, embracing me "hey J, where ya been?" I asked. "I got a scholarship to Texas A&M," he said "wow that's great," I said with a smile. Next was Ashley, we always had to over exaggerate, we started spiw running toward each other and screaming. "ASHHH!" I yelled "LANAAA," she yelled back, everyone laughed. I hugged my parents next "thanks guys," I said "we love you," dad said "I'm proud of the woman you turned out to be," he said, I smiled "that really means a lot dad," I said. Next we're my siblings, they look kinda sad "what's going on?" I asked "um I chose to take my scholarship at University of Oregon," August said, my heart stopped. "What?" I asked, on the verge of tears "it took a lot of thinking and it's the best college for me," he said, I hugged him. "August I'm really gonna miss you, please visit," I said crying, he chuckled "I have to," he said. Me and August are close, really close, so this hurt so much to have him leave. "Okay let's go out to eat, everything's sad," mom said, we chuckled. "We'll take my car, you guys can take dads," I said. Tyler hopped in the driver's seat, Ivy in the passenger, me, August, Kamille, and Arden in the back. I laid my head on August's shoulder "I'm really gonna miss you August, all those times we caught or I yelled at you, you know I didn't mean it," I said. "I know Alana, I'll visit 24/7 I swear, I'll call, facetime, everything, it'll be like I never left," he said. I sighed. Although he's my big brother, it was like he was my child and is leaving me. When we we're little I would always stop him from going to his friend's house because I would be lonely, but he's 20 now and I can't stop him.

Later
Kalin

I hopped in my truck after my sessions with Bari. I started it and it started talking "Welcome to Range Rover, it is October 13, 2016 Mr.White," the voice said. My heart stopped "oh my God," I said, I grabbed my phone. The date October 13th , I opened social media, there we're tweets about Alana's birthday, she posted a picture "oh my God," I repeated. I posted a picture of her and captioned it

@kalinwhite: happy birthday to the most beautiful girl in the universe! You've decided to stick with me through the good times and the bad, I've put you through so much yet you stay. I love you so much from best friend to girlfriend. You are my world, I hope you have a wonderful day: )

I'm so horrible. I hit my steering wheel a couple of times before I started to drive. I parked in the McCall's driveway and rang the doorbell. Ivy answered it, great, if anyone could make you feel bad, it was Ivy. She stepped outside and closed the door "you selfish piece of shit. You don't deserve her whatsoever, how could forget her birthday and go off to do whatever you please? Honestly she deserves someone better," she said before opening the door. I walked into the house getting stern glares, I jogged upstairs to her room. She sat on the end of her bed on her phone, I lowered my height so I was directly in front of her. She looked up, I rested my hands on either side of her face and kissed her cheeks. "I am so...sorry Alana," I said "it's fine Kalin," she said, no emotion behind it. "I swear I didn't push you off, you're important to me baby," I said. "Its fine, I'm actually kinda tired, Leta go home," she said, getting up. I followed her downstairs, she hopped in her car, I hopped in mine, following her home.