sixty six

Later

We sat on the couch at Mama Starlah's house drinking hot cocoa until my phone rang. It was August

Alana- hey Aug what's up?

August- um sis mom's having her baby...

Alana- what?! Now?!

Everyone looked up at me.

August- yes now, we're at Dublin Medical

Alana- okay I'll be there

I hung up. "Is everything okay?" Julie asked "it's my mom, she's having her baby," I explained .Her eyes widened "well let's go!" Mama said, getting up "LaLa honey we're about to leave," she yelled, LaLa came running downstairs. We all got up and hopped in Kalin's Rover. He grabbed my hand as he drove, he must've sinced my nervousness "baby calm down," he whispered, I sighed. "What if something Happens, I mean she's a little older," I said, he looked at me "Alana. She's gonna be okay," he said, I nodded and looked over out the window. Julie patted my shoulder. We finally pulled up at the hospital, everyone got out and started walking toward the building. Kalin came over to my side and gave me a hug "everything is gonna be okay," he said kissing my forehead. "I love you so much," I said into his chest "I love you too, let's actually go in now," he said, I chuckled. We got into the elevator and we t up to the 2nd floor and met up with everyone "well geez finally you guys come up," Ivy said, I rolled my eyes and sat next to Kamille. "The doctor says she'll be ready to deliver in an hour, for right now she's screaming through her labor pains," August stated. Poor mom. I laid my head on Kamille's shoulder and closed my eyes.

3 hours later

"McCall," a nurse called out. "Over here!" I yelled "she's ready to see you guys," she said, we all got up and stretched before following her to the back. We all walked into the room, mom laid in bed holding the baby while dad stood over her in aw. She looked up and smiled "hey guys," she said happily. "Hey, so what did you name her?" Arden asked "Karmen Elizabeth McCall."

Karmen's age progression