seventy three

Few weeks later

I laid on the couch until my phone rang.

Hello?

??- you have a collect call from Kalin White, an inmate at the Dublin County Jail

I started freaking out.

K- Alana?

A- Kalin what the hell happened why are you in jail?!

K-I'll tell you later, just come bail me out there's a box of money under the stairs

He hung up. I instantly got up and found the box, there was at least $100,000, I grabbed a few bills and rushed out the door. After driving 30 minutes to the jail, I got out and walked into the building. "Where do I go for bail?" I asked "down the hall and there should be a glass mirror with a guy behind it," the guy said. I followed his directions and went down the hallway. "Im here for bail," I said "please state the inmate's last name then first," he said. "White, Kalin," I said "yes, his bail is set at $2,000," he said. I pulled out some of the money from the box as well as my purse. I handed the money over before he picked up a phone and dialed a number.

Yea can I get inmate #72949 he's been bailed

He hung up "he'll be out in a second, take a seat while we process him," he said. I followed his directions and sat down in one of the chairs. Kalin came out in handcuffs before they briskly uncuffed him. He looked up at me "you're free to go," the officer said, I walked out the door in anger. "Alana wait," Kalin yelled after me, he grabbed my arm. "I'm fucking pissed what the hell are you doing?!" I yelled before I slapped him. He took a second to recover then turned back to me "okay I deserved that. Alana I'm sorry," he said. "What happened?" I asked trying to calm myself "Derek was throwing a small party and we got a noise complaint. It turns out there was weed in the house," he said. "Don't... don't dumb it down like you didn't know Derek had drugs in the house you sound stupid," I said "don't call me stupid. I didn't smoke," he said "Kalin I don't care," I said, getting in the drivers seat. The car ride home was completely silent, I got out and grabbed a few things. "Where are you going?" He asked "I'm sleeping in the other room leave me alone," I said, closing the door.