Two Angels with Crossbows

(y/n) -> your name

(y/h/c) -> your hair color

(y/l/n) -> your last name

(Y/N)'s POV

Recently the world has gone to literal hell and there's nothing anyone can do about it. I sighed as I continued down the tree path, looking for anything that might catch my eye. After about 2 or 3 minutes, a few branches snapped and leaves were being crunched.

I stepped behind a tree and got my crossbow ready. I took a deep breath and jumped out from behind the tree with my crossbow at the ready, but was met with an arrow and crossbow in my face.

Daryl's POV

I walked away from camp as Shane kept going on and on about nothing. I groaned as I brought my crossbow into my hands, and off my back. As I kept walking, I thought about Merle's plan. As soon as he gets back, we raid the camp then we're out of here.

A branch snapped ahead of me, which made me come out of my little daydream and into full hunter mode. I looked up further and saw (y/h/c) hair. I took a few steps closer but the branches and leaves weren't helping as they snapped and crunched under my feet.

The woman jumped behind a tree after slightly glancing over her left shoulder. With her behind the tree, it gave me the option to get closer. I brought my crossbow up higher, near my face, and was about to take another step but was slightly taken back when she jumped out from behind the tree with her movement mirroring mine. Crossbow up by her face, arms in the same position as mine. Eyes glaring right back up at me.

(Y/N)'s POV

"Who the hell are you"? The man and I both growled at each other. I glared up at him as he glared down at me and the only reason his is better, is because he's a head taller than me and I hate it.

As he was about to say something, but a different guy came walking towards us, making me take a step away and focus on him, "c'mon, Daryl. Stop pointing that thing at her".

Daryl glared at the man as he came up next to him but slowly lowered his crossbow, "didn't I leave you back at camp, Shane"?

Shane glanced over at Daryl but then turned his attention back to me, "now darlin', why don't you come back to our camp? There's women. Children. Families. Everything". This Shane guy had the whole "self-centered douche" vibe about him and I was ready to put a bolt between his eyes at any given moment. Shane started to approach me but stopped short when he noticed me take a few more steps back away from him and Daryl.

I shook my head, "I don't know you. Nor do I want to. Thanks".

Shane put his hands on his hips, thinking until he smiled and god I wish he hadn't, "we have food. We have water. We have a tent to spare if you would like one. You don't have to be afraid of us".

Daryl's POV

I took a step or a few away from the woman as Shane waltzed up to us with a shit-eating grin on his face and as soon as he opened his mouth, I tuned him out. I looked over at the woman and saw her grimace as he kept talking at her.

"I promise". I glanced at Shane who was staring at the woman like she was a full course meal. Damn, isn't Lori enough for the man? I shook my head slightly and looked back over at the woman, who looked like she was about to put an arrow through his forehead. I looked down and smirked to myself. I wish she would put an arrow through his dumbass.

"Look, I would come back with you but I don't know you nor do I trust either of you. So thanks, but no thanks. I'm gonna go on my way now". The woman turned her back which caused Shane to scoff.

Shane ran up to the girl and grabbed her arm. She whipped around and brought her crossbow back up into his face, "don't you ever touch me again"! She snarled down at Shane as he fell backwards and that about made me bust out laughing. I held in my cool but had to turn around to hide my smile from them

As Shane got up, he started talking again, "I'm sorry. Our group just doesn't like lone wolves out on their own. We've already lost a few people because they couldn't find their way back to us or the camp". Shane glanced behind him and looked at me, trying to get me to say something.

I shook my head and looked around in the trees, "I'm not one of your people. It's not my fault they got lost, is it? No, deputy dipshit. It's not my fault. It's yours. If you're such a good leader, you should be able to read people. Especially when they want to be left alone".

"Just give us a chance. If you don't like it there, then you can leave". Shane looked down at the girl and gave his best smile. Yuck.

The woman looked over at me and I scoffed, looking away. She can't know that I'm slightly interested in who she really is. I glanced back over just as she was rolling her eyes.

"Fine". She barely glanced at either of us. Shane stood their smirking with pride. I sighed, frustrated. Everything we've been through, we don't need more mouths to feed but in the end, she can probably help with the food, if she stays that is.

Shane looked at me, and nodded his head back towards camp. The woman and Shane started walking behind me, "so what's your name"?

"(Y/N) (Y/L/N)".

"Well, (Y/N), what's your story"? Now this...this caught my attention. 

A/N

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoy this version much more than the last one! Please let me know if you think I should do a Part Two!! <3 Love y'all! And thank you again!