Annoying Habit

Amanda's POV

Most of the group, Beth and Patricia are at gun training right now and I'm going down the line trying to figure out how or who to help. I see Beth, who looks a little afraid of the gun.

"Hey Beth. *jogs to her* don't be afraid of the gun. You need to be firm but not tense. Do you understand?"

She nods and looks back at the gun. Then I hear the most annoying voice in the universe, other than the one in my head, Shane.

"Ya know Amanda, you may say that you can shoot a gun but I've never seen you actually shoot an actual gun". He smirks at me and now everyone is looking over at me. I shrug that off and turn to Beth.

"Can I see that?" She hands it to me and I check over to see how much ammos in there. Mm, good enough.

"Ya know Shane you have this annoying habit of getting on my nerves". I aim for the first bottle that's on the fence, while still looking at Shane, and shoot down the bottle, hearing the glass shatter.

I aim for the next bottle, "and I know you don't remember this but I saved your ass back at camp in Atlanta", I shoot the bottle and take aim for the last bottle which is a little further down the fence, "you should really watch yourself more. You're gonna get yourself caught in some big trouble one day". I shoot the last bottle still looking at the man. "Now if you don't mind, I was helping Beth".

I turn back to Beth and give her the handgun back. "Let me go grab some more ammo from the truck". She smiles and nods at me.

I walk over to the trunk of the truck and not even a second later Rick walks up.

"Okay I knew you were good, but that-that was amazing". Rick said to me and patted my shoulder. I stiffened under his touch. What would Daryl do in this situation? Shrug him off? Wait a minute, why am I thinking about Daryl?

"Oh it was nothing". I grabbed the ammo and turned to Rick, who had a dumbfounded look on his face but he finally shook it off.

"Anyway, tell me that your parents put you in competitions". I looked down and shook my head. After that I just walked back to Beth. That's the last conversation that I ever want to talk about.

**-**Back at the Farmhouse**-**

I walked into the room that Daryl was in and looked at him. He looked up and chuckled.

"what are you laughing at jackass?"

"Nothing. Anything good happen today?" He smirked up at me as I took a seat in the chair next to his bedside.

"Nah. Just a bunch of bullshit".

"You sure bout that? Cause I overheard Beth talking about you "showin off" to her dad. I was just wondering, what was she talking about?" I looked over at him and saw he was smirking.

"Oh, well, it was nothing. I mean Shane pissed me off and I just showed him what could happen to him if he ever does it again".

Daryl looked at me and chuckled and I swear that I saw slight pink appear on his cheeks.

"Anyway, you get some sleep there Dixon. I'll check in on ya tomorrow before I go out into the woods". I got up and headed towards the door after I grabbed my crossbow off the floor.

"Wait! I mean...uh...sorry. Wo-Would you like to stay in here? With me?" I stop where I am and think about this. I mean I could stay and be awkward. Or I could leave- ah fuck it. I'm gonna stay.

I turn back around, put my crossbow in the chair and kick my shoes off. Daryl slowly moved over to the other side so he doesn't pop any stitches. I wait a couple seconds and then finally climb in next to Daryl. We both lay on our backs and turned our heads to look at each other. Our noses were almost touching.

Neither of us moved for a very long time. We only pulled away because we fell asleep. More like he fell asleep and I listened to his breathing. It was re-relaxing....