New Girl or Old Friend?

Amanda's POV

I was coming back with this new group but I didn't know anyone and no one looked familiar except the sheriff looking guy and Glenn. I think he said his name was Rick or something like that. I then heard a car alarm coming towards us and saw Glenn driving by smiling. I tried to smile but it felt too weird to. I haven't smiled a long time because of what happened in my past.

My past is very tough to talk about. I was with a guy named Daryl but we broke it off because of his family issues. His father tried to hurt me too but Merle was probably the worst because he treated me like shit just because I was dating Daryl and Merle didn't like that. I told Daryl the truth of me breaking up with him and he got angry and we broke it off.

It's been years since I've seen any of them. This all happened when I was about 19 and now I'm 24 and I've grown up well and matured. I got thin and my hair got longer and darker with a mix of red in it. I colored it the day before all hell broke loose and it's probably starting to fade but that's okay. I have no family left, they all ditched me and went to the other states with our family and I haven't heard from them since they left.

I sighed and then the van came to a stop. Everyone else jumped out except me and that guy, Rick.

"C'mon helicopter boy". A man said and then two blonde women appeared in front of the back hatch and looked at me and smiled. Well, I tried to smile but it didn't come out as I wanted it to.

"C'mon we want you to meet the group". I looked at the older blonde who smiled and nodded at me. I got up slowly and grabbed my bags then went towards the door. I looked down at them and hopped out and smiled awkwardly at them.

"I'm Andrea and this is my younger sister, Amy". They both smiled and I nodded my head and was about to look around the truck when Amy, I think, hugged me. I just stood there. I hadn't had or gave a hug since I was like 3, that's when I was taken away from my parents. I was put in a stranger's home because my parents weren't taking good care of me and that's when I met Daryl.

I sighed and Amy finally let go of me and we walked to the rest of the group. When we walked over, everyone turned their heads. I was shocked and scared. I never liked attention. I swallowed the lump that was in my throat and looked down shyly.

"Hey y'all. This is...." Andrea looked at me.

"Amanda". I whispered to her.

"Amanda". She finished. I nodded my head and looked around and then my eyes landed on a young boy who was staring at me and then blushed when he saw me looking at him.

I giggled and smiled at him. He walked over to me and I squatted down to his eye level.

He smiled at me, "Hi, I'm Carl. Rick and Lori's son". I looked over at the couple and awkwardly smiled and then turned back to Carl.

"Hi Carl. I'm Amanda. Is it okay for me to stay here?" He nodded his head and then wrapped his arms around my neck suddenly. I was shocked but then got used to it. I could feel him smiling into my shoulder.

"Yes of course you can stay Amanda! Please do!" I nodded my head.

*The Next Day*

I was sitting in the camp, helping Lori with the laundry when I heard Carl and Sophia scream. I jumped up, grabbed my crossbow and took off towards where the screams were. I saw them and ran harder. I stopped in front of them and told Lori and Carol to take the children back to the camp and then went down towards where they came from.

Once I got to where they were, I saw what they were screaming about. A walker was eating a deer, seriously? I then heard other people from the group behind me and I walked to the back of the group just in case. I could hear someone behind me so I turned around quickly and held up my crossbow towards them. I sighed and put it down. It was just Andrea and Amy.