The Deal - Part One

Norman's POV

    As Andrew, Steven and I walked down the school hallway, we passed many girls, but the three of us were looking for a specific girl today. The girl we were looking for was Mandy. I finally spotted her straight, long black hair at her locker. I nudged Andrew and Steven then pointed towards her locker. They saw her and smirked. We continued our walk to her, knowing that our little deal is about to start. When we got to her, she sighed and turned around and looked at us three with an annoyed face on.
    "Hey there, sweetcheeks. How ya doing today?" I looked to Steven and smirked as he said that.
    "Well I was doing good until you three idiots showed up in front of me and don't call me that, buttcheeks". She smirked then turned around as Steven's face turned bright red. She grabbed her backpack from her locker, shut it and started to strut away to the main office. Now I may say that I hate the girl, but she's nice to look at. I smirked as I watched her walk but was snapped out of it as someone hit me on the arm. I turned and saw Andrew smirking.
    "What?"
    "Nothing man...c'mon we gotta make this happen before she leaves". We all nodded and started jogging after her. We caught her right before she walked out of the building. Where the hell was she going?
    "Wait sweet cheeks! We gotta talk to you real quick!" Steven yelled to Mandy. She turned and scoffed then walked out the building.
    "Here, let's follow her to her car and talk to her there". I walked towards the door but stopped when I noticed that they did too. "C'mon guys. We're wasting time to talk to her! Don't worry we'll come right back in afterwards so you two goody-two-shoes' don't miss your class".
    Steven and Andrew sighed, "fine. Let's go" I nodded and we took off after Mandy. We finally caught up to her and I smirked. "Hey babe". I threw my arm around her shoulder but she shrugged it off and kept walking to her car.
    "Don't call me any nicknames. You don't deserve to do that". Mandy got to her car and opened the trunk and put her things in there except her phone and keys. We went right by her car and stood with her. "Why do you three keep bothering me! I don't like you. You don't like me. There's a mutual feeling there and it's the only thing we'll only ever agree on!" she sighed and unlocked her car and was about to get in until,
    "We want to make a deal with you". I looked to Andrew as he just blurted that out. Mandy turned around and looked shocked.
    "What did you just say to me? A deal? What do you mean a deal? What kind of deal? Wait...why do I care? I gotta go. I can't do this right now. Goodbye". She slammed her door shut and started the car but Andrew, Steven and I just stood there knocking on her window, until she rolled it down. "What! I have to go!"
    "Please. Just for five minutes, maybe a little bit more but that's it!" Steven said quickly.
    Mandy sighed, "listen guys, I know you "need to talk to me" about this "deal" but I have to go. It's an emergency. That's why I'm in a rush to leave here. So please, can we talk about this later? Here, give me one of y'alls arms", I gave her mine and she wrote her number on my arm, "now he can call me and then add you two or the other way around. But please, I really have to go". The three of us nodded and let her speed off out of the parking lot.
    "Well, guys, looks like we gotta have a "conference call" tonight. But before that, let's talk about this deal again. Just to make sure we have everything right and we say the right things so she'll agree to do it". I said as the three of us walk back to the school. When we walked in, everyone was just headed to their next class. "I'll facetime you two later then we can add her and then we'll start the plan but for now, let's go to our last blocks". Andrew and Steven nodded and then ran to their classes. I walked to mine but stopped at my locker and opened it. When I did open it, a note fell out. I opened it and saw it was from someone. Hm, wonder who.
    *Note*
    Hey Norman. Listen, I would say this in person but you're always with those two dumbbutts that you call friends, so I never can. But here's the thing, I like you. Like a lot but you're just a player so that's why I have never said anything. Anyway, I gotta go and maybe one day, I'll tell you in person.
    xoxo
    *End of Note*
    That's it? Where's their name? I sighed and shut my locker after stuffing the note into my pocket. I walked into class right before the bell rang.
    "Reedus, you're late".
    I turned to my teacher, Mr. Henson, "actually sir, I'm on time. I walked in before the bell rang". I heard the whole class snicker as I talked. I smirked then walked to my desk that was in the back. I sat down as the class started. About halfway through the class, I fell asleep.
    The sound of the bell is what woke me up. I looked up and saw everyone leaving then my two best friends came in the room and smiled at me.
    "Why are you two smiling? What did you two do?"
    Andrew looked at Steven then back at me, "well, we may have gotten a new idea on how to get her to "go out with you". I was about to answer but was cut off by Mr. Henson and Mrs. Barker who called my name. I looked at the front of the class and saw them looking at the three of us.
    "Yes? Can I help you two?" they pointed to the desk in front of them.
    "Come up here Norman. We have to talk to you real quick. Steven, Andrew, will you please wait outside for a moment". Steven and Andrew walked out shrugging their shoulders. Obviously they didn't know what was going on. I got up after they left and walked to the front of the class and sat in front of the two teachers, after Mrs. Barker closed the door.
    "Okay Mr. Reedus. Listen you are failing most of your classes and always falling asleep! We're going to have someone tutor you in the ones that you are failing. Mrs. Barker and I already chose the student that's going to tutor you. Her names Mandy Gray. She's an straight A student. Just trust us on this, please". I leaned back and made it look like I was thinking about this but I wasn't. I was thinking about the deal and how it just got so much easier.
    "Alright fine. But how long does she have to tutor me?"
    They looked shocked, "so you're just agreeing with us? No arguing. No nothing?"
    I shook my head, "nope. Just want to know how long it'll last".
    "It'll last as long as it needs to be until you start passing your classes again". I nodded then stood up.
    "Okay. When do we start?"
    "Well due to the circumstances of her absence for the next couple of days, then you'll probably start next week. We've already talked to her about it and it took her awhile to agree but we finally got her to".
    I nodded and exited out of the classroom and went to Steven and Andrew, "well, our deal just got a whole lot easier".
    "And how's that Norman?" I turned to Andrew as he said that.
    I gestured for us to start walking towards the school entrance/exit, "well, you see. Little Mandy has to tutor me. She reluctantly agreed but she finally said yes. So what we can do", I opened the door and we started walking towards Andrew's jeep, "is that once we are settled in the tutor session, me and her, is that I can say, "hey I have an idea" and she would say, "oh no. What's your idea?" and I'd say, "let's make that deal" and she'd probably complain about it but ask me about it.
    "Oh and then you can say something along the lines of like, "if you agree to go out on a date with me, then I won't say anything about you liking me at the start of the school year or something like that".
    I turned to Steven and Andrew, "you two are the best, ya know that?'
    They nodded their heads, "we know", they said in usion and we all got to Andrew's jeep and we climbed in and then he drove us home. I was dropped off first and when I walked up to my house, I opened the door and saw Mandy's mom and my mom talking.
    "Oh, hey Norman! Welcome home, sweetie. This is Charlotte, Mandy's mom. You probably heard that Mandy is going to start tutoring you. She's outside on the back deck but don't push her buttons. From what I heard from Ms. Charlotte here, she's had a rough afternoon".
    Ms. Charlotte nodded, "yes but you can go speak to her, if you would like". I nodded and then walked out to the back deck and saw Mandy laying there on one of the beach chairs, sunbathing.
    "Alright, Gray, I know that it's almost summer, but c'mon". Mandy jumped and turned her head and looked at me.
    She sighed, "what do you want, Reedus?"
    "Alright, listen. This is my house, don't talk to me like that". I smirked as she huffed and laid back down and closed her eyes. I walked over to her and sat down in the chair next to her. "I was just kidding, Gray. I hope you know that". She nodded but didn't say anything. "So, you're going to start tutoring me next week, huh? That'll be fun".
    She looked over at me and lifted her sunglasses, "I guess so. But all we're going to be doing is schoolwork. Nothing more. There will never be anything more. I can promise you that". She pulled her sunglasses back down onto her eyes and stopped talking to me. I just sighed and stood back up and walked back inside.
    "Of course, Charlotte! That would be a wonderful idea, but we would have to wait til they are older. It would be a better situation then, hopefully". I walked into the kitchen as the two older women stood up and hugged. "Oh, hey Norman. Can you go and get Mandy? Please and thank you". I nodded and walked back out to the back deck.
    "Hey Mandy. Your mom and you are leaving now". She got up and sighed. I went back to the kitchen and sat up on the kitchen counter. When Mandy walked in, she smiled at my mom and then walked to her mom and side hugged her. They stayed that way but broke apart when the three of them started walking towards the front door. My mom and Charlotte hugged goodbye then Mandy hugged my mom and smiled to me then Charlotte and Mandy walked out to go to their house across the street. My mom walked back into the kitchen and started setting up for dinner.
    "Hey mom. What were you and Ms. Charlotte talking about, if you don't mind me asking". I turned to my mother to see her face as white as snow then turn red as a tomato.
    "It was about graduation. Like what you are going to be doing and what Mandy will be doing". She turned around to the stove and turned it on. "And I don't mind."
    I nodded, "are you sure that's it? Because I heard something about when someone or someone's being older". I hinted at her and she just leaned against the counter and shook her head.
    "Yes I'm sure that's it, Norman. Now go do your homework". I just scoffed and jumped off the counter and walked upstairs to my bedroom. I went to my window and crawled out to sit on the roof. After a while, I looked over at Mandy's house when I saw her light turn on but it looked like she was crying. Then her father came storming in, yelling and screaming at her. Then I wasn't expecting what came next, he slapped her right across the face. I was about to run over but her father walked out of her room. Mandy went to her window seat and just sat there. After a while, she put her head in her hands. I was confused but then was interrupted with my thoughts by her looking over at me shocked. Mandy got up and shut her curtains. I went in my room and went on my desktop and skyped Andrew and Steven. After a few rings, they finally answered.
    "Hey Norm! How you doin man?" I half-smiled at them, still thinking about what I just saw a few minutes ago.
    "Norman...you good man?"
    I nodded, "yeah, I'm good. Let's just call Mandy too, so we can tell her about her the deal". They nodded and I grabbed my phone. I texted Mandy and asked for her Skype name. She responded quickly and told me it. I then added her to the call and we waited until she answered. I smiled when she finally did but I saw the makeup that she was wearing and my smiled faded.
    "Hey Mandy!"
    "H-hey guys. So go ahead and tell me about this deal quickly because I have to go soon".
    "Okay so you know how you have to tutor me, right?" She nodded, "Okay so, if you agree to go on a date with me or date me, then I won't say anything about...umm....ya know". She nodded again and completely understood what I was talking about.
    "Yeah...umm...fine I guess we will have to go on that date, huh? Fine but when?" All of a sudden her face turned white then her screen turned black from her shutting her computer. I ran to the window and looked over there. She turned her lights off and must've went to bed but that look on her face worried me. I went back to the computer and saw she was indeed gone. I sighed,
    "So guys, she agreed. What should I do for the date? Should we go and watch a movie? Go to the fair? Go on a walk? Go out to eat dinner? Help me out here!" They started laughing, "what are you two idiots laughing about?"
    Andrew answered me, "well, we didn't know you were that into a great "first date" man. It's weird seeing you like this. You usually have all the girls around you, what are you going to do now that you have a "girlfriend"?" I shrugged.
    "Who knows to be honest. I'm just going to have to tell them to leave me alone and shrug them off. Man, this is going to be hard, but whatever". If we were together, Andrew and Steven would look at each other and give a look then turn back to look at me. It's bad that I know that by now, and yes I know that we've been friends since elementary school, but still.
    "You'll get through it, Norman. I, well we know you can. Just do this and you know we can trust her. She doesn't talk to many people, well actually I haven't seen her to talk to anyone all year, unless she was forced too. Sometimes not even then, she would make a document and they would talk on there". I just chuckled, that seems like something she would do.
    Right as I was about to say something, Mandy texted me telling me to add her back. I looked over out my window and looked at her house. All the lights were off but who knows. I shrugged, "okay, she just texted me to add her back but we'll have to keep quiet". The two nodded as I called Mandy. After a couple rings, she answered. When her faced popped up, the three of us guys gasped as we saw it. She had a black eye on her left eye and a red mark that looked like a handprint on the other side on her cheek. I saw her looked down ashamed.
    I cleared my throat, "sorry, I didn't mean to do that".
    "No, no. It's okay..." she wiped away a tear from her eye and then looked up and half-smiled at us. I did the same thing.
    "I'm sorry too, Mandy".
    "Me three". We all chuckled as Steven said that.
    "Guys, it's okay. I understand why you did that. Just can we keep quiet. As you can see, I have my headphones in and it's pitch black in here other than the light from my computer." We all nodded at her. "Okay, so this deal? Why are we having it?"
    I gulped, "well I just don't want anyone knowing that you have to tutor me".
    "I don't have to. I want to, is that so bad?" All of us shook our heads no.
    "Okay good but I'll tell you the rest later, okay? I think we all need to get to sleep. Tomorrow's Friday and the first day you start tutoring me". She slightly smiled then yawned (*I did as I wrote this part XD).
    "Okay, night you three dumbbells. I'll see y'all tomorrow. Oh and Norman, when is that date?" She winked.
    "I was planning on Saturday, if you're free and/or want to".
    "That works for me. Alright, night". She hung up. I looked over at her window and saw nothing. I turned back to the computer and saw Andrew and Steven smirking and trying not to laugh.
    "What are you two idiots laughing about?"
    "Laughing? We're not laughing. Are we Steven?"
    Steven shook his head no, "Nope we're not. What is laughing?" Then all of a sudden they started dying. I just ended the call and shut the laptop. I smiled to myself and went near my door and turned off the lights then took my shirt off and went and laid down in my bed. I smiled to myself thinking about tomorrow. As I was thinking about Mandy, i fell asleep with a smile on my face, knowing I get time with her by myself tomorrow.