You Are The Reason

A/N: This imagine is based off of the song "You Are The Reason" by Calum Scott. It's a beautiful song. I put the link at top, so while you read, you can listen to the song and fall in love with Daryl Dixon even more and Calum Scott's voice. This will be a sad imagine, so just beware and it will have some strong language.

Also thank you for 48.3k reads and 1.21k votes! I love you all so much and mean the world to me!

~Mandy xoxo

Daryl's POV

I looked over at (Y/N) as we were walking up to the prison and the sun was setting and it was seeping through her hair. She turned and looked over at me and glared but then a goofy smile appeared on her lips. I smiled back at the love of my life. She has been since before all this shit happened. I knew that I loved her when we were kids and she's just perfect.

"Daryl". I turned and looked at her as she said my name. That was one of my favorite things about her. Her voice. It's so soft and delicate, just like her but don't get me wrong, she's a badass with a heart of gold. She is the type of woman you want to go to war with but also want to marry.

"Yeah?" She smiled and then leaned up to kiss me.

"I miss you". A tear rolled down her cheek. I was confused. She missed me? Why would she miss me? She's right in front of me.

"What do you mean, (Y/N)?"

She looked down, "Daryl. I need you to save me from-". Then everything went black.

I woke up with a start and felt something wet on my face. I reached up and wiped it away but it just came back. I looked up at the ceiling but there wasn't a crack nor any water coming through. I looked out a the cell doorway and out a window and saw the sun was just starting to rise. I grabbed my boots from under my bed and put them on then laced them up. After I tied my boots, I stood up and turned around and grabbed my crossbow off the top bunk and proceeded to wipe away the tears on my face. As soon as I brought my hand down, in walked Beth.

"Daryl". I turned and looked at Beth and nodded, "we need you". I just nodded and then followed her out the cell and downstairs to where everyone was standing around. When Beth and I were walking down the stairs, everyone's heads looked over at us. As we approached, Rick looked at me and shook his head sadly.

"What's wrong with y'all?" I looked around as everyone was quiet and looked devastated about something. "Hello? Is anyone gonna answer me?" Rick looked over at me and then we all turned our heads to see Hershel walk out of a cell. He had his head down. Maggie walked over to her dad, alongside Beth, and helped him clean blood off of his hands and arms.

Rick slowly walked over to them and they all whispered to each other before slightly looking at me before looking at each other again and nodding. Rick then walked over to me and put his hand on my shoulder, basically guiding me towards the cell that Hershel just walked out of. When we stepped into that cell, I never thought I would have to see this image. I fell to my knees as I looked at her body. She was just laying there with her hands on her stomach. She almost looked dead and I would've thought that before noticing her chest barely rising. A sob racked my chest, but I didn't let it out. I made my way over to the bed on my hands and knees, my crossbow over by the door. I heard Rick say something but it was fuzzy, as if he wasn't even there. As I got closer to the bed, the more tears came down my face and the more sad I got. My girl. My girl was laying here practically lifeless. Her chest barely rising. Her breathing uneven. Her body covered in blood and bruises. Bruises from handprints. That could be her blood or someone else's but we may never know because my girl may never wake up.