Giggles

(Y/N's) POV

I looked over at Daryl and saw him sitting there drinking the vodka that I had stored in my bag from the CDC. I loved our relationship, we hardly act as a couple but it didn't matter because that was just how we were. I looked away and looked around at everything that was around us. I felt him staring at me, so I looked over and flashed him a small smile before looking around again, listening to the nature around us.
After a few minutes, I felt Daryl interlace his fingers with mine, so I gave his hand a light squeeze.
"You're quiet today". I looked over at him and gave him a puzzlingly look.
"As opposed to the other days? I'm quite a lot of times". I shrugged and then leaned over and put my head on his shoulder. He tensed up then relaxed quickly.
He just nodded, "usually you can't stop talking about something or another. Yet today, you've barely talked. I'm starting to kinda miss the talkative (Y/N). C'mon babe, talk to me". He turned his head and kissed the top of my head. I got up and then looked down at him and saw him pouting.
"I'm just really focused on trying to find Sophia. I mean, it is my fault that she's gone. I told her to stay there and followed after Rick to help him with the walkers. That little girl deserves to be here with her mother, I should be the one that's lost, not her. I just won't be the same until I find her".
He got up and stood in front of me and wrapped his arm around my waist and then started rubbing my lower back, "Well I hope that's soon because I'm startin' to miss Giggles from the CDC. Remember her? All she did was giggle the whole time about every little thin-"
"Yes, I remember her. Thank you for bringing her back up. Yes i understand that she's severely missed by you but I do not miss her!" I giggled and looked up at Daryl. He smiled back down at me and placed a sweet kiss on my lips.
"Don't worry babe, you'll see her again. Now here, turn around so I can put this away". I turned around and heard him close the bottle cap. Once I heard him put it in my bag, I turned around and smiled at him then began to walk away but he pulled me back to him.
"I'm not done with you yet". He looked down at me and smirked then grabbed my chin to make me look up at him directly and leaned down towards my face. Daryl brought his lips to mine and it was the sweetest yet most passionate kiss he's ever given to me. I had to stand on my tiptoes to keep my lips locked with his but he lifted me up by placing his hands on the back of my thighs and kept them there so he could keep holding me. After a short while, we had to pull away to breathe. I smiled and pecked his lips again. I pulled away and looked at him. He put me back down slowly and made sure to put his hands on my bum for a little bit. I giggled and blushed as he did so.
After he put me down, I glanced up at the sky, "you know what I would be doing right about now on a normal day?"
"What's that, babe?" He smiled down at me and wrapped his arms around my waist.
"Well, I would be in medical school but looking out the window focused on something entirely different than what we are doing right now". I smiled and put my head on his chest and just listened to his heartbeat.
"Well, then, I'm kinda happy that this apocalypse started".
"And why's that, Daryl?"
"Well, I met the love of my life. My forever". I felt tears in my eyes. I leaned up and kissed him passionately again.
"Well, Daryl, you are the love my life. My forever. And I know it may be too soon and you don't have to say it back but-".
"I love you too, (Y/N)". I smiled and we kissed again.