After the Attack

Amanda's POV 

A pair of lips presses soft kisses along my naked shoulder and I feel myself being stirred awake from my peaceful sleep. The scruffy beard tickles, causing goosebumps to form all over my skin. I open my eyes lazily and look towards the cell walls as he continues to kiss me, his heated naked skin against mine. 

"Alright, I'm up." I murmur tiredly as I turn in the bed and face him. 

His beautiful blue eyes look into mine as he pulls me tightly against him, my breasts pressed up against his bare chest, "Morning." He mumbles before his lips begin to kiss along my collarbone 

"Good morning." I moan, my fingers tangling in his hair and my head falls back, my eyes closed in bliss. 

"I love waking up like this." I murmur as his hands move all over my body. 

"I love waking up next to you like this. One of my favorite sights." He says, his dark eyes looking up at me with lust. 

I chuckle, "Of course you only want me for my body". 

"Well it's definitely one of the reasons." He says, placing a kiss on my lips. 

My fingers knot into his hair as I kiss him, our breathing heavier. Just as things begin to heat up someone interrupts us from behind the curtain over the door. 

"Come on you two, time to get up! We got to go on that run at noon!" I hear Glenn call through the sheet. 

Daryl pulls back frustrated and turns to the door, "Yeah, we'll be out in a minute". 

I chuckle as I hear the newlywed walk off and I look back up at him, "Certainly knows how to ruin the mood, doesn't he?" 

He grunts in agreement and I smile as I sit up and climb out of bed. I pull on my underwear and bra before slipping on my jeans, a sweater and my boots. Daryl climbs out from behind me as I walk over to the sink and grab my toothbrush and toothpaste. I begin to brush my teeth as I look into the mirror and Daryl soon grabs his and brushes his teeth. He steps behind me and presses his body against my back and wraps his arm around my waist, holding me tightly to him. I smile and lean back into him, resting my head on his shoulder. 

After everything that happened with Woodbury, he's  become much more affectionate in our time alone together. When we are with the group he is much more restrained, leaving it to barely any public displays of affection. However when we are alone it's almost as if he can't keep his hands off of me, which doesn't bother me one bit. 

The first time we made love, was a few months after the Woodbury people came. The prison was beginning to really become a home and we just though it was the right time. It was magical, better than I ever imagined it would be. Since then we've been all over each other, our love growing stronger each day. 

I lean forward and quickly rinse my mouth out in the sink using the water from the bucket to the side. I step away from him and slip my knife on as he finishes getting ready himself ready. I quickly brush my hair and I feel him come and wrap his arms around my waist, his lips on my neck and I close my eyes. 

"Stop, we gotta go." I say, even though I'd much rather stay here. 

He pulls away and I place the brush down before walking towards the door, "Come on, let's get some food before we go".