Days Since - Part One

(Y/n)'s POV
            It's been days since this whole thing started. Days since I last was able to relax on my couch. Days since I could go to sleep without worrying if I'll be eaten or not. Days since I had a proper meal. Days since I lost all hope and trust in humanity. Everything now seems dark and grey, even when the sun is shining down on me. The world made a drastic turn, a turn that no one ever expected to come true...
            As I continued to walk down the highway, next to all of the dead or infested cars, a sudden rumble of a motorcycle caught my ear. I looked over my shoulder to see the motorcycle being followed by an R.V. and a Cherokee. I pulled my bandana up onto my face more then ducked down behind the truck that was to my left and brought my crossbow up at the ready. Then about 3 seconds later, I about jumped out of my skin as a loud hissing sound came from the R.V. I started creeping towards the front of the truck but quickly stopped my movements as someone jumped into the bed of the truck. I quickly ducked down and rolled underneath the truck with my crossbow on top of me. I went to shift to my body but someone stopped me from doing that. The person that was on top of the truck had jumped down and was now standing next to it, where I was previously.
    The person put their crossbow on the ground and then started to get on their hands and knees. After about a second, a set of baby blue eyes met my (e/c) eyes. I gasped as he tried to reach under and grab me. I started scooting further and further away from him and ended up on the other side of the truck...in the sun. I stood up and turned and saw a big group of people standing there staring at me.
    I pulled my crossbow up in front of me and started backing away from them but stopped myself when I felt a presence behind me. I whipped around to come face to face with a different crossbow and those baby blue eyes. I held my ground until I heard a voice come from behind me.
    "I'd put that down if I were you". I looked over my shoulder and saw a man holding a pistol towards my head. I turned my body so both of them were in my sights. "I'm not going to tell you again. Put it down".
    I smirked from behind my red bandana, "well that's where you're wrong Pistol man. You just told me to do it...again". He huffed and took another step forward, "okay, okay. Calm down. I'll put it down". I slowly put my crossbow down.
    "Thank you. Now who are you?" I groaned. Why does everyone need to know who I am? It's not like I'm going to stay with these people.
    "Why do you need to know, Pistol Man?" I cocked my eyebrow up.
    "You tell us, we won't kill you".
    I scoffed, "well isn't that nice of you, officer". I smirked.
    "Just tell who you are!" I turned my head to look over at Baby Blue.
    "Fine", I turned and looked over at Pistol Man, "I'll tell you if you put your pistol down and he puts his crossbow down and goes away.'' I nodded my head towards Baby Blue. Pistol man groaned but then looked over at Baby Blue and nodded. Baby Blue scoffed but walked away. I turned my body fully towards Pistol man.
"Ya know, you seem like a pain in the ass".
"You aren't that peachy either, sunshine".
"Okay, so since you won't tell me your name, will you at least take that bandana off?"
My eyes went wide, "I'd rather tell you my name than do that". He looked at me expectedly. I huffed, "Names (Y/N). What about you, Pistol Man?" I smirked behind the bandana.
"Rick. Rick Grimes, thank you. Now, I have three questions for you". I nodded to tell him to keep going, "How many people have you killed? How many walkers have you killed? Why?"
I gulped, "uhm...3 people. My family was bit, and they asked me to put them out of their misery. I lost count after 180. Now, let me ask you a question". Rick nodded, "why these questions?"
He sighed, "to see if we want to keep you in the group or not". I reeled back when he said that and looked at him as if he was crazy.
"What are you talking about "keeping me in the group? What if I don't want to be in the group?" I kept looking at him with confused eyes.
"Why wouldn't you want to stay? Don't you want someone to cover your six?"
I scoffed, "I can cover my own six. Anyway, it's been days since I've had any human interaction. I hide in the trees most nights. None of those things can get me, hopefully they don't know how to climb".
"Please just one day. One and then you can decide if you want to stay or not but from what I can see in those eyes, it's going to be hard for you to trust us. Don't worry, you aren't the only one like that".
            I was about to answer but was cut off by growls down the road. I looked over at Rick as he looked at me. I dropped down and rolled underneath the truck once again. I heard Rick take off running towards where the rest of his group was, telling them to get down and underneath the cars.
            After a good minute, about 10 walkers shuffled by me and I was about to get out, but stopped when more came. Then a herd started going by. I quietly shifted back into the middle of the truck and stayed there until I knew they were gone, which was about another 2 minutes or so.
            As I was getting out from under the truck, I heard what sounded like a young girls scream. I quickly got up and took my crossbow from off my back and ran down the road a bit towards where Rick went. As soon as I got there, I saw a little girl and two walkers running after her into the woods.
            After them was Rick, and of course me. That little girl didn't deserve that. I ran past the group that looked at me like I was crazy. I just grunted as I jumped over the railing and half ran, half slid down the hill after them. As I was running, all I could think about what might happen to that little girl. I kept running until I came to a stop to see Rick hugging the young girl.
"Rick, we have to keep moving. We have to get them away from her". Rick turned and looked over his shoulder at me and nodded. I took the lead as Rick held her hand. We came upon a small creek. I walked around and went slightly down a little slope.
            "Rick, bring her down here", he brought her down and saw what I was looking at. After he guided her into the little cave type thing, I slowly approached her, "hi sweetie. I'm (Y/N), what's your name?"
            "Sofia".
            "Okay Sofia, we are going to lead these things away from you and make sure they aren't going to hurt you anymore. If we don't come back or something comes near you, go back up this little slope and keep the sun on your left shoulder". I pointed to her left shoulder and she hesitantly nodded her head.
            "C'mon they're right there". I backed up slowly and put my finger up to my lips and made a "shh" face. Sofia nodded. I threw my crossbow over my shoulders and made sure it wouldn't get in my way. Rick and I looked at each other and nodded then started splashing the water to get the walkers attentions. They instantly looked down at us and started to come for us but when they got to the edge they fell down into the water but got up as we started kind of running backwards away from Sofia.
            As we kept moving away, I kept looking for a spot where we would get away from them suddenly but let them keep coming after us. I looked behind me and saw Rick side step behind a tree. I quickly did the same thing but further up and opposite of him. I heard him take out the first one and turned to look over my shoulders to see which way it's coming. I reach down and grab my knife from my boot, and just as I stand up straight the walker comes up by my right. I react quickly and stab it in the head.
            I look over at Rick and see him drop a rock that was covered in blood, onto the walkers head. I walked up to him and smirked behind the bandana but you could tell I was making a face by the crinkles by my eyes.
            "Let's go get Sofia". I nodded as Rick said that. We sighed and started making our way back to where we left Sofia... hopefully she's still there or at least safe somewhere...or back with her group.