Mornings

A pair of warm and strong arms are wrapped around me tightly, encasing me in their warmth. I stir awake as my eyes flutter open and I look towards the wall of the cell block. I feel a warm breath on my neck and the sound of soft soothing breathing reaches my ears. I turn my head to the side and my face is less than an inch away from his.

I reach one of my arms up and run the knuckles of my fingers down the side of his face. He stirs under my touch and nestles in closer to my hand, a small moan rumbling from within his throat. His eyelids flutter open and they look around for a moment taking in my face.

"Morning." I whisper.

He pulls me tighter and buries his head in my neck, "Morning." He whispers, his lips against my skin.

He places soft and gentle kisses to the skin of my neck and I close my eyes at his touch, my fingers winding in his hair. It's very rare that he's ever this affectionate to me and I relish in his touch while it lasts. His lips move up from my neck until they reach my lips, causing butterflies to erupt in my stomach. He shifts until he is leaning on his elbows above me, my fingers gripping into his hair.

He keeps most of his weight off of me but hi body still presses into mine. This kiss doesn't become too heated before he pulls back and looks down into my eyes. I look up at him, his hair running in between my fingers and I think about today and all my fear and anxiety comes to mind.

"I don't want you to go today." I whisper. He, Rick and Hershel have to go and meet with the Governor today and I'm going to be staying here with Judith, Beth and Carl. And to basically babysit Merle.

He then gives me a long look before he speaks, "You know that I have too".

"Can't I at least go with you?" I ask.

"I don't want you anywhere near this guy Amanda. The things he has done, I'll kill him before I even let him be anywhere near you." He says fiercely.

A smile plays on my lips as I look up at him, "Besides," He says, "You have to stay here and make sure Merle doesn't get into trouble".

I roll my eyes and look up at the ceiling, "Your brother...He's become a bit of a problem hasn't he?"

"Things don't change do they?" He mutters and I chuckle.

I look back at him and look into his beautiful blues and I nod my head, "Be safe."

His eyes gaze over my face before he leans down and places a kiss on my lips, short and sweet. He pulls back and looks me in the eye, "I promise".