Black Out

Rick's POV

I looked over at my wife and then looked to my best friend. We were all about to go out looking for Sophia. She went missing about three days ago. I hear my son talking to someone, but they aren't responding. I turn around and notice that it's Amanda.

Amanda isn't really that talkative. If she didn't have to, she wouldn't even have told us her name.

"C'mon Amanda. We all know that I'm a better shot than you". Carl looked over at me and smirked.

"Okay bud".

I smiled, "Alright everyone here's the things that we will be carrying".

"Where are the guns?"

Amanda's POV

"Where are the guns?" I looked over at Andrea, who had her hip jutted out and a bitchy smirk. God, I wish I could slap it right off her face. It would make me the happiest I've ever been, except for when I met Carl and Sophia.

"Daryl, Shane and I will be carrying guns". Rick looked around at us and looked at me and nodded. I simply nodded back.

"Yeah, we don't need anyone popping any round off. Especially when a heard is passing by. If they hear it, we're all done for". Shane, the most idiotic guy I've ever met.

Andrea scuffed and walked away.

I walked over to the side of the road. I wasn't alone that long.

"Yes Daryl?" He stopped quickly.

"How'd ya know it was me?" He came up next to me and looked down at me.

"Sixth sense. Remember?" I say as I tap my nose.

He chuckled and smirked at me. Something twisted inside my stomach. I felt the heat rising to my cheeks. I about giggled but covered it up with a cough at the last second.

I felt a tap on my shoulder blade and tensed up. I saw Daryl give me a look of concern and worry as I turned around. When I finally did, I relaxed. It was just Carl.

"Hey bud". He smiled at me.

"Hey Mandy", my smile faded away but I soon recovered it, "I'm gonna be the one to find Sophia. I'm going to be her hero, like I'm yours". I had to step back. My hero? No one's ever said that to me before. I looked at Carl and nodded. He ran back to his mom and started talking to her.

"You're good with him". I just nodded, trying not to let my emotions take over.

I heard everyone else headed over, thankfully.

Daryl's POV

We've been traveling for about 20 minutes and have found noth-. I glare down at Amanda as I come in contact with her arm. She glares over at me but then points to our left. I look over and see a tent about 10 feet away.

She starts making her way with her crossbow on her back and knife in hand. I do the same as her and then gesture for Carol to come closer. Carol is Sophia's mom, if you didn't already know that.

"You're gonna be the first one that she's gonna want to hear". I look at Amanda, but she's too focused on the tents zipper.

"Sophia. Baby, it's me, mommy. Sophia. Sweetie, please come out here to mommy". I zipped opened the tent and was hit with a wall of stench. I heard Amanda coughing, but then she went in guard as high as ever.

I heard her sigh. I ducked into the tent. Amanda handed me a handgun and then we both stepped out right afterwards.

I looked at the group and shook my head. Then loud bells started ringing and Amanda was off like a rocket and Rick was right behind her. The group and I exchanged looks before trying to keep up with the two.