Baby News

Amanda's POV

"Hey Daryl. Have you seen Amanda?" I heard Rick ask.

"Yeah. She's in the stall. Why?" He knocked on my door and slipped my shirt underneath. I sighed and calmed down and threw my shirt back on. I flushed the toilet and walked out and saw Rick, Maggie, Glenn and Daryl staring at me and I walked to the bucket of water and soap we had on one of the shelves and washed my hands.

Maggie cleared her throat, "well I found this pregnancy test in here earlier and was wondering if it was Amanda's". I didn't, no I couldn't turn around. That was mine! I forgot about it because Rick needed my help and I left it on the sink. "And it's positive. So whoever's this is, is defiantly pregnant". I heard Daryl walk up to me and I felt the first tear go down my face...

I finally turned around and looked at them. I walked past Daryl and slowly went to Maggie to get the test.

I grabbed it from her hand and closed my eyes. I finally looked down at the test and my hands started shaking so much, I dropped it and let out a sob. Daryl came over and hugged me. I turned into his body and let it all out. After I was done crying, I wiped my eyes and looked at all of them.

"Th-that's mine. I forgot about it this morning when Rick asked for my help". Rick smiled and so did Maggie and Glenn. They all came and gave me a group hug. Maggie then hugged me tightly.

"Don't worry, we're going to get through this". I nodded and let go of her. I sighed and turned around to see Daryl with a tear streaming down his face along with a smile. He came over and picked me up. I smiled into his chest. We broke out of the hug and turned to the other three.

"We'll try to be more careful next time". Daryl looked at me then started laughing.

Rick looked at me, "we should tell the rest of the group and this time we'll be ready. I can promise you that Amanda". I nodded.

"Yeah... Carl, he needs to know". I grabbed Daryl's hand and we walked down the stairs to the other members of the group.

"Alright you guys. We need to have a meeting right now". Everyone gathered and I went over to Carl and took Judith from him. She giggled and so did I. I can't wait for my baby to come and for me to meet them. I smiled down at Carl and then looked back up to Rick who smiled at us. I felt Daryl grab my hips and kiss the back of my head.

"Amanda...would you like to say it?" I nodded and turned to everyone.

"Well...I'm pregnant". Everyone gasped but then smiled and cheered. Carl hugged my side and I gave him a side hug since I still had Judith in my other arm. I kissed his head and then hugged everyone else. Rick came and took Judith from me and she whined. I kissed her head and she reached her arms out towards me and I looked to Rick. He nodded and kissed her head then handed her to me. I took her and walked to mine and Daryl's cell as he was getting a lot of 'congratulations' from everyone and he didn't look to comfortable. I just smiled and kept walking.

Once I got near my cell, I heard someone sniffle from the cell next to mine (and Daryl's is upstairs, if Judith is crying at night, I go and stay downstairs with her or bring her upstairs to Daryl's cell). I walked towards the cell and looked in and saw Carl on his bed with his head in his hands. I positioned Judith on one of my hips and knocked on the door frame with my free hand.

He looked up and wiped his eyes and smiled weakly.

"Carl, honey, what's wrong?" I sat down next to him and put Judith on my knees and held her close.

He looked over at me, "I don't want you to leave me like my mom did". I swallowed hard and pulled him into my side.

"Carl, sweetheart. I'm not going anywhere. I promise you". I nodded and kissed his head. He looked up at me,

"Promise?" and held out his pinky. I took his pinky and wrapped it around mine.

"I promise. I can't leave my two favorite people".

Someone cleared their throat and it about gave me a heart attack. I looked over towards the door and saw Daryl standing there.

"You mean, three of your favorite people right?" I laughed and so did Carl. I felt Judith pull on my hair and took it out of her hand. Daryl chuckled and came and squatted in front of us.

"She ain't gonna go anywhere, Carl. I can promise you that. Herschel will be there and I'll make sure he is". Daryl looked at Carl and patted his knee before looking over at me and Judith. Judith turned and looked at Daryl and then hid her face back in my chest. We all laughed and sat in there for a while until Judith fell asleep. I had Carl put her in makeshift bed while Daryl and I went up to his cell.

I looked over at him and smiled, "I can't wait to have our baby". He kissed me and smiled. Daryl then wrapped his arms around me and we both fell asleep happily.