Not A Normal Day - Part 2

(Y/N)'s POV

The next day when Sofia, Josie, and I were walking we heard people yelling and walkers growling a little ways from us. I grabbed Sofia's arm and whistled to Josie for her to come back to us. As she came up to Sofia and I, we jumped behind the trees that were to the left of us. I peaked my head around the trunk of the tree as a teenage boy walked in front of two other men holding walkers on snare poles.

The young boy kept yelling at the walkers and the other two men made sure that the walkers wouldn't get the teenager. I heard Sophia gasp. I turned and looked at her then back at the three men who had froze and were staring in our direction. I put my finger up to my lips and silently shushed her. I then turned my head ever so slightly to see the men look at each other and then the man in the sheriff uniform looked at the teenager and nodded his head as if to tell him to keep going.

Once they were far enough that they wouldn't see nor hear us, I gestured for Sophia to come to me. I put my bow on the ground and patted Josie's head and then stood to my full height as Sophia wrapped her arms around my waist. I slung mine around her shoulders but we were interrupted as a gun was cocked. I looked over and it was that man in the uniform. I put Sophia behind me while Josie was next to me, growling.

"Who are you?" The man growled at me.

I rose my eyebrows, "well excuse me, sheriff. I'm (Y/N) and that's Josie, my dog. Now, go on and put that gun down".

He moved closer and my hands stayed by my head, "I don't care about you or your dog. I need to know-".

"Wait a second sheriff, you just asked for my name. Why should I care about what you need?" He sighed and then put his gun back into its holster after unloading it. I sighed and put my hands down and then patted Josie's head three times, telling her it's okay.

"I'm sorry. I'm just out here looking for a young girl".

"Then why did you have walkers on snare poles? Also what was the girls name? And what's your name?"

"That was Hershel's idea, the old man that was with me. I'm Rick and the girl's name is Sophia. She has dirty blonde, almost light brown hair. She has big brown eyes with freckles on her face. She was wearing a blue shirt with a rainbow on it. She was also carrying her doll. Her mother is in my group and we just want to find her. Have you seen her or any trace of her?" He had a look of sadness in his eyes until I nodded. I turned and looked over my shoulder and looked at Sophia who smiled then nodded. I stepped to my left and Rick had one of the most shocked faces I've ever seen. Sophia smiled at the man and then ran towards him and jumped into his arms. She started to cry.

I smiled at their reunion and then bent over to pick up my crossbow and along the way, rubbed Josie's head.

"Thank you so much, (Y/N)! You need to come back to my group. They need to know that you are the one that found and saved Sophia. Please. Her mother, oh my, she'll be ecstatic to see her daughter. Please".

I went to decline until Sophia walked up to me with her big brown eyes and smile, "please Ms (Y/N). Please". I sighed but nodded and Sophia wrapped her arms around me then let go of me and went back to Rick.

"But only if I can bring Josie". Rick and Sophia grinned at each other then over at me. I smirked. Rick nodded and smiled then gestured us to follow him. "Hey Rick. What ever happened to those walkers and men you were with?" I said this as I put my crossbow onto my back and then made sure my knives were in place and caught up to them and Josie.

"Oh, they took them back to the farm that my group is staying at". I just nodded as we kept walking then it hit me.

"Wait. Do you mean the Greene's farm?" I caught up to Sophia and Rick then whistled for Josie to come up next to me.