Chapter Three: Control

Waking up in hospitals was not a good sign for Steve. When he had woken up from being in the ice, he hadn't known what was going on or where he was. This was no different. He at least knew he hadn't woken up seventy years in the future. He checked his body, flexing his muscles to see if he had been hurt. Nothing. The only thing that hurt was his head. He had a pounding headache, one like he'd never had before. He didn't really know what had happened, he only remembered Natasha's voice before he blacked out.

Steve sat up, and luckily nothing was attached to him. He ran his fingers through his hair, and got up. The whole room was blindingly white, something he hated about hospital rooms. And just hospitals in general. He moved the white sheets off of his body, and he was wearing a hospital gown. He let out a sigh of frustration, that came out as more of a growl.

All he had was a headache. Why he be put in a gown and hospital room? Normal people got headache's all the time. Steve looked around for an escape. Luckily, his shield was laying beside his bed, and he felt himself relax.

Now all he had to do was get some clothes.

Although there was no way he was leaving the room in only a thin hospital gown. He looked around for some kind of button. He had learned that there was supposed to be some kind of button that he could push that would alert a nurse.

As he was rummaging around the room, looking for the button, he heard a door open. Steve turned around, revealing only Natasha standing behind him. Her eyes traveled to his hands, which where gripping his shield. He relaxed, seeing it was only her. She gave him a look, that said 'Whatever it is you're scared of, its not me'. How he could read that much into her expression, he wasn't sure.

"What am I doing here?" he asked her. Her face remained still and emotionless. She opened her mouth to talk but then shut it. Steve wondering why she was giving away her emotions. They both knew, that if she didn't want him to know how she was feeling, she wouldn't show it.

"We had to check your head. You hit it pretty badly" she replied, not meeting his eyes.

"How did I hit it?" Steve asked, waiting to see if Natasha would slip up.

She didn't.

"You'll have to ask the person who did it" she said smoothly, and whirled around and out the door.

He had been right, Although he didn't remember much about what happened, he knew what he had experienced during the "attack" on his mind.

And the only person who could be in his mind was Adora.

Why she would want to get in his head like that, was beyond him. Was she trying to figure him out? Test him? Well he certainly felt tested.

Steve realized he was still holding his shield. He put it down gently beside his bed. When he had settled back down on his bed, lost in thought, there was a knock on the door. Knowing Natasha hadn't knocked, he knew it wasn't her.

"Come in" he replied hesitantly. He only hoped it wasn't Tony. Tony would come to make fun of him.

When the door opened, Adora's face appeared. Steve's eyes widened, but he quickly set hit jaw, trying to display no emotion.

"Hello" she said, watching him carefully.

"Hello, Adora" he replied, waiting for her to say something. When she didn't, he spoke.

"Why?" Steve asked, knowing he sounded vague, but she knew what he was talking about. Adora's cat-like eyes met his, and he seemed to loose all train of thought. All he could think of were her eyes. He stared deeper and deeper into her gaze.

She was controlling him.

"Stop!" he said abruptly, glaring at her. Adora was doing it again. A smirk caught on Adora's lips.

He shook his head. "Stop going in my head. If you're going to be on this team, you can't go around controlling everybody with your powers"

The smirk on Adora's lips was even bigger. Steve found his eye's falling on her lips. They were the reddest lips he'd ever seen. They still looked natural, and her whole face was without make-up.

This time, Steve was getting distracted on his own.

"You still there, Cap?" Adora asked, and he couldn't get over how good her voice sounded.

He answered her with a glare, and the angry look on his face only pleased her more.

"I came to visit you for a reason. I wanted to apologize for invading your mind. It was wrong of me" Adora said, looking down. Steve's eyes widened, and he quickly reacted.

"Thank you" he said, sounding a little harsh as the words left his mouth. Adora flinched.

And with that, she quickly left, leaving Steve to himself.

Alone with his thoughts.