Chapter Thirty: Ideas and Microwave Pizza

Hey guys! 400 reads, I can't believe it. Thank you all so much! I also can't believe this is my thirtieth chapter. I hope you guys liked the last chapter, because everything's about to tumble down again in the next one. But don't worry, there's always a happy ending, and I'm also thinking about a second book. Thinking. I don't know yet, seeing as I haven't even introduced you guys to the antagonist yet. Yup, that's right. What a horrible writer I am, I know. But anyway, hope you like this chapter, and don't forget to vote! - Gab

Steve and Adora walked down the alleyway together, and regard less of the fact they were in danger, the two were quite content. While they could still hear the shouts and marching of the HYDRA soldiers, they were in no hurry. If anything, they had only one thing to worry about.

And that was who betrayed them.

Steve knew that was the reason HYDRA had found them in the first place, whether or not Adora was willing to share this with him.

Steve always knew more then Adora let on.

Suddenly, gunfire erupted to Steve's left, and a dozen soldiers jumped out from a window above them. Adora immediately shifted into something other than herself. Steve's eyes widened as he took in her form.

She was the mirror image of him. She flashed him a grin, before diving head first into the gunfire and masquerade of soldiers. It appeared that she had his strength, and was punching her way through them. His mouth gaping open, Steve ran after her, but she had already taken down all of them.

When she turned around, stepping away from the line of bodies at her feet, she was grinning mischievously at him. She quickly shifted back into herself, tying her curls behind her in a ponytail.

Steve shook his head at her, a smile creeping onto his face. "You sure are something" he muttered, making her grin at him, her eyes shining with amusement. Steve jogged to catch up with her, while Adora tried to hold back a laugh.

"You know, for someone who used to be in the army, you're pretty slow" she teased. Steve chuckled.

"Don't forget the super soldier serum" Adora was now walking backwards so Steve could catch up. Suddenly, a huge, wicked grin spread across her features. Steve stopped, looking at her suspiciously.

"I know that look. You have an idea" Adora rolled her eyes, stopping with Steve.

"Of course I have an idea. But Sam's told me all about how you became friends, how you bother him with the 'on your left' thing. Well, when we get back, I want to race you" Steve raised his eyebrows at this, contemplating. He knew he could beat Adora, because after all, she was human. Not that he wasn't, but had something extra.

Sometimes Steve forgot that Adora only challenges people for a reason. He should have learned from the whole 'let's fight' incident, and now this.

Not one to back down from a fight, Steve accepted her with a grin.

"Sure" And those were the words that Steve would regret for a while.

Eventually, they arrived back to the helicarrier, completely untouched. Adora almost immediately hopped into the pilots seat making the carrier take off quickly. Steve tumbled around in the back, trying desperately to hold on to anything and everything. As soon as the carrier was steady, Steve fell to the ground. Adora slipped out of the pilots seat, flicking on the auto-pilot.

She agilely helped Steve up, a smirk on her face. "He's beauty, he's grace, he's Mister United States" she sang, while Steve glared at her.

"So funny" he grumbled, and Adora laughed, making him feel better. He genuinely loved the sound of Adora laughing, knowing he was the cause of her laughing. Adora blushed, obviously hearing his thoughts.