Chapter Forty: Salsa and Blushing

Adora’s POV
“It’s nice to hear you tell the truth, Natasha”

Her eyes flashed, and she stepped forward. “I don’t know what you’re talking about” she said coldly, her demeanor changing at the snap of her fingers.

Steve stood up, crossing his arms. “If you knew all this time about Tiana, why didn’t you say anything?” he asked angrily.

“I did, just not to you”

“The note, Steve” I pipe in, sensing the anger and distrust that Steve was feeling grow with each heartbeat.

“Was you mission really to find Banner?” His voice is accusing, and I can feel a fight brewing.

“Look Steve, I know you think you know what’s been going on around here, but you don’t. I’m here to help get the Tesseract, not bicker with you about whether or not you can trust me”

Natasha stormed away, her red hair bouncing behind her. Steve let out a sigh, running his fingers through his hair. I stepped towards Steve, putting a hand on his shoulder.

“Now’s not the time, love. She’s used to keeping secrets. It’s something I regret saying that we share”

He nods, looking down with his hands on his hips. I reach up to kiss his cheek, and he blushes. I chuckle, leaving the room.

Sam and Natasha are in the kitchen, laughing and talking. They had sparked quite a friendship in the last week which I was glad to see.

“Yo, Adora, you should make some salsa” I raise my eyebrows, as Natasha laughs.

“Did you tell him? You told him didn’t you?” I ask Natasha, who nods, grinning. I roll my eyes, shooing Sam from the fridge.

“Maybe I will. It’s knock your socks off good” Sam laughs, his eyes glistening with a challenge.

“I heard you make it spicy” he says. I grin, “So hot it’ll make any grown man cry” Sam nods appreciatively.

“I doubt it” I fake a gasp, covering my hands with my mouth. “How dare you insult my skills? I guess I’ll have to prove you wrong, now. But don’t say I didn’t warn you” I smirk at his grinning face. Natasha winks at me, and I stifle a laugh. She knew he’d fall for it.

“Too bad we couldn’t play it on Steve” I whisper to her, and she wiggles her eyebrows at me.

“Who says we can’t?” I nod, reaching for ingredients from the cabinet.

“You got habanero’s right, Sam?” I call out, and he snorts.

“Of course I do” Natasha tosses me a cutting board, and a knife, grabbing everything I would need. She would help, but I would add the peppers.

“Sam, let’s place a bet. If you cry, then I get to have a go on those wonderful falcon wings of yours”

“And if you lose?” Natasha asks, tapping her chin. Sam stops to think for a minute, before his face spreads into an evil grin.

“You have to play a prank on Steve” I burst out laughing. “Like that’s a punishment” Sam rolls his eyes.

“Fine, you and Steve have to play strip poker” I hear a snort from behind me, and Steve is standing there, smiling.

“Got any cards?” he asks, grinning. I laugh, rolling my eyes. “I think it would be a win-win either way, but sure. It’s a deal” I tell Sam. Natasha raises her eyebrows at me. “Steve didn’t even blush! Have you broken him or something?” she asks, and Steve shakes his head.

“Yeah, I think she broke me” he teases, and I smack him with a nearby dish towel.

“You know, Cap, I could always tell them why you didn’t blush” His eyes widen, and I grin at him. Sam whistles.

“That’s something I wanna hear” he says, his voice filled with amusement. Steve’s eyes flicker to the knife in my hand. I put down the knife, crossing my arms over my chest, and he grins.

In a flash, my feet are lifted off the ground, and I let out yelp as I’m carried to the bedroom, Sam clapping in the kitchen. Steve pushes my back onto the bed, straddling me.

“I’d love to make you blush” he murmurs, his voice deep, and his lips are barely tracing along the skin on my neck. My breath hitches as he trails feather soft kisses down my neck. He nuzzles my ear, flicking his tongue out to bite it. He kisses along my jaw, smiling against my skin as I hold back a moan.

His hands slip under my shirt, etching loopy circles along my skin. I shiver as he rubs his thumbs over my hips. I wrap arms around his neck, pulling his lips to mine. I kiss him passionately, gasping into his mouth as his finger trail lower, to tip of my jeans. His fingers fumble with the button, my hands in his hair as he slips them underneath my jeans. Warmth swirls around between my legs, and I can feel a blush rising to my cheeks.

Damn, he had me.

He pulls away, kissing roughly down my neck, sucking on my skin. I know he wants to leave a mark. My hips involuntarily thrust towards his touch. He chuckles, his breath warm on my neck, and his voice is husky. Finally he touches me, and I moan as he does. I’m breathing hard, pleasure coursing through my body as he moves faster. I let out another moan, and he growls.

“Adora” he murmured, as I moved my hips with his hand. “I love that I can do this to you. That I’m the one making those wonderful sounds come out of your mouth” his voice comes out in a whisper, making shivers go down my spine. My cheeks are warm, and I bit my lip. I can feel pressure building between my hips, and his hand moves faster then before. A loud moan escapes my lips as pleasure washes over my body, one wave after the other. I whisper his name, and a groan tumbles from his lips.

He moves away, leaving my chest heaving up and down underneath him. A quiet laugh erupts from my chest. His eyes turn to me, his pupils blown out.

“I cannot believe you just did that” Steve’s lips part, and he laughs. “Did you not like it?” he asks, and I love how deep his voice is. I look away, covering my hands with my face. I feel his warm hands pull them away. I open my eyes to find him grinning over me.

“You’re blushing” he says triumphantly. My face only turns redder, and I bit my lip. I roll my eyes with a huff.

“I’ll get you later, don’t worry” He smirks at me, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

“Can’t wait” I smack him with the back of my hand, and he moves away with a laugh. I walk to the mirror on the wall, and there’s red marks splattered all over my neck. I huff in annoyance. Steve’s face appears behind mine in the mirror, grinning like a fool.

“It shows that you’re mine” Steve murmurs, nuzzling my hair. He breathes in deeply.

“Who says you’re not mine?” I reply, looking at him in the mirror. He smiles softly. He turns me around, kissing my forehead.

“I belong to you” His voice is raw, and I can feel his love for me pour into my mind, dripping down my body, making my chest warm, and my filling in the gaps in my heart. I take a deep breath, and his arms wrap around me. I loop my arms around his neck, burying my face in his neck, and he holds me tight.

————————————————————————-
Tiana’s POV
I watch their exchange from afar, and a grin makes the edges of my lips curl upwards. It would please me the most to hear the scream that would erupt from the powerful one when I took her beloved away.

I would destroy her with her own power. Her power came from the blue prism, therefore, her power came from me. I could not destroy her alone. Her only weakness was the old one, and I had nothing on them to make her give him up.

A little more manipulation, and I would have them in my clutches, wrapped around my fingers like diamond rings.

The closer they got, the farther I would rip them apart.