Chapter Forty-Six: Love

When Steve and Adora walked back into the kitchen, snickering and laughing could be heard from the couch. Adora sent a wink Steve’s way, and tugged on the collar of her shirt, where she had not managed to hide the abundance of marks he had left on her.

She walked quietly up to the back of the couch, her hips swaying teasingly at Steve. She leaned over, “Boo!” she whispered, and Steve swore he saw Sam jump about five feet in the air.

Adora burst out laughing, covering her mouth with her hand. “That” she said breathlessly, pointing at Steve, “Has to be the goddamn funniest thing I’ve ever seen” Steve rolled his eyes, trying to hold back a laugh.

Sam whirled around, glaring at Adora. When his eyes landed on the marks all over her neck, he grinned.

“How many is that?” he asked, and Adora stuck her tongue out at him. Sam started to count them under his breath, and he let out a whoop.

“Nat, you owe me ten bucks!” he yelled, and Natasha let out a sigh. She reached into her pocket, and pulled out a ten dollar bill, handing it to Sam. He was grinning from ear to ear, parading around with his money. Adora snatched it out of his hands, smiling.

“Technically, it belongs to me” she teased, throwing it up into the air, and making it hover over Sam’s head.

“On come on!” he shouted, jumping like a fool to catch the bill. Natasha was trying her hardest not to laugh, watching the scene unfold.

“Alright, alright, let Sam have his money back” Steve said, holding out a hand. Adora pouted, letting the bill drop out of the air. Sam grabbed it, sending a deathly glare Adora’s way. Adora just grinned back at him, skipping back over to Steve.

She wrapped her arms around his back, burying her face into the crook of his back. She breathed in deeply. A smile lighted his face, and his heart started to flutter at her action. He could feel her smile on her face, and he turned to face her. He wrapped his arms around her, resting his head on her chin. She cuddled into him, letting out a small content sigh.

Sam cleared his throat behind him, his arms crossed, Adora pulled away reluctantly.

“If you guys wanted to get all lovey-dovey, you should of done it after you had sex” Steve felt his cheeks heat, and Adora let out a low chuckle.  Suddenly, a grin spread on his face.

“Okay, Sam” he said cheerfully, scooping up Adora bridal style, making her let out a yelp in surprise.

Steve could hear Natasha and Sam laughing as he shut the door, but he ignored them. He gently set Adora down on the bed, and climbed on top of her. She grinned at him.

“I thought we were cuddling” she murmured, as he trailed soft kisses down her neck. He smiled into her skin.

“I thought I wasn’t allowed to kiss your neck” he replied, biting her ear, and nuzzling her neck with his nose. She let out a small sigh, her hands slipping under his shirt, and traveling up and down his back, digging her nails in softly.

“Touché” she responded, letting out a soft moan as he nipped her delicate skin. “How about I switch it up?” she murmured, and he pulled his lips away from her neck. She positioned herself so that she was on top, straddling his hips.

She hovered her mouth over his, and he took the bait, lifting his head up to catch one of her lips between his teeth. She pulled away, a naughty glint in her eyes. She bit his ear, licking up the shell of it. Steve shivered at the sensation, and let out a slow groan when she sucked his earlobe. Her lips moved down to his neck, leaving open-mouthed kisses trailing down his skin.

He could feel her hand on his chest, and she slipped it under shirt, running her fingers over his skin. He was breathing heavily, and she had barely kissed him. She pulled his shirt up, and planted a kiss on his stomach. A spark of pleasure twisted up his spine as she started sucking a mark on his skin. Her other hand trailed the outline of his jeans, trying to unbutton and unzip with one hand.

Her hand slid under his jeans, and he let out a groan as her hand worked magic on his body. Her lips were traveling down his body as she moved his jeans down his already sweaty stomach. 

Arousal crept up on him, slithering around his body like a snake, burning and fueling the fire swelling in his stomach.

Suddenly, she pulled away, her lips hovering over his. She kissed him, and he responded with a passion. He kissed her lips hungrily, and he could feel her smile into the kiss. Her hand moved under his boxers, and he let out a gasp, his hips bucking at her touch. She pulled away, kissing down his neck, and he loved the combined feeling of her lips on his neck, and her hand stroking him. Pleasure flowed up his body from her hand, and he shamelessly thrust into her touch, letting out little groans here and there.

Pleasure started to build between his hips, and his breathing increased. “Adora” he groaned, as her hand moved faster. Her eyes met his, a hint of desire swirling around in the dark parts of her eyes.

Suddenly, pleasure erupted from his body, taking over his senses and numbing his mind. Steve couldn’t seem to stop the string of words tumbling out of his mouth, along with Adora’s name. His body shook, and his breath came in short gasps.

Adora removed her hand from inside his boxers, looking seductively from under her dark, lush lashes. His chest rose up and down, and arousal sparked in his stomach at the sight of her near his lower half.

Something about her made him lose his inhibitions, made him want to do things he’d never thought about before. She awoke something inside him, the more primal side that drove him to crave her touch, the feeling of her lips all over his body, the feeling that made him lust for her skin to meet his. His eyes fluttered closed, his thoughts consuming him. Steve hadn’t never noticed how Adora had changed him, how he was different from the man he was before her. A part of him told him that it was good and bad.

Adora brought out the animal in him, and threw away the gentleman, and revealing something else entirely. She brought out a fire in him, and he brought out the softest side of her. Sometimes he wondered how it didn't destroy him, tear apart his entire being with the flick of her wrist. She had him wrapped around her finger, but he held her like putty. He could shape her, make her better, stretch her out, throw her around, and pull her apart. In a way, that was how they were connected. They were one person, in mind and body, and he could feel it, and he knew she could too.

And to him, that was love.