Chapter Eighteen: Truth Serum

Adora's POV

We have one day. One day before our mission, and I was determined to spend it messing with Steve and Tony to the highest extent.

When I'm done getting dressed, I look for Wanda. I knew she had something against Stark, and would enjoy helping me in what I was about to do. I try reaching out with my mind, looking for her.

I could sense her presence in the lounge, but I couldn't seem to go any further than that. When I walked in, she looked up, a smile on her face. I sit down next to her on the couch, and put my feet up. She raises her eyebrows at me. 

"I see you have found me" she said, her eyes finding mine. Before I can say anything, she continues. 

"You have a plan" she states, but it wasn't a question. 

"I do" I reply, a grin on my face. 

"I have a bone to pick with Stark. And Steve, of course" Wanda quirked an eyebrow at me, a small smile playing on her lips. 

"I'd love to join in" My grin becomes wider at her words. 

"The plan's easy. I need you to mess with Starks mind. But just a little. Just enough time for me to sneak into his lab, okay?" I ask, and she chuckles. 

"Are you going to tell me what you're going to be doing in Stark's lab?" Wanda asks, her voice light. 

I shake my head. "All in due time" I respond. I leap off the couch in one graceful move. 

"You'll know when to mess with him" I call out behind me, tiptoeing towards Stark's lab. I reach out to find him, and to my surprise, he's with Wanda. 

"Now" I sent out to her, and she didn't reply, letting me know she had already started. I walked up to the door.

"Jarvis, could you let me into Tony's lab?" I ask politely, hoping that I wouldn't have to hack into his network. 

"I'm sorry Miss Blackwood, but Tony has told me specifically not to let you in" Jarvis replied. 

"Damn" I muttered, walking over to the control panel on the wall, and typing in the passcode. I had already gotten the code a while back, when he was stupid enough to let me in his mind. 

The doors swung open with a whoosh, and I stepped inside, looking around to make sure no one was following me. I trotted over to a table, looking around for something, anything, to mess with. Suddenly, something caught my eye. 

Truth Serum. 

I whistled quietly. Now, this was something I could use. I grab the small bottle, and turn around.

"What's that?" Sam asks, leaning against the frame of the door. I freeze. 

"Shit" I mutter, mostly to myself. "It's nothing. But I advise to not drink anything in the next hour or so. Just to be safe" I tell him casually, and he laughs.

"Will do. And who exactly will be drinking this?" he asks. I narrow my eyes at him. 

"I guess you'll have to find out. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have places to be" I say, twirling the bottle between my fingers. I flash him a smile as I walk past him. I slip the bottle in my pocket, hoping he'd keep quiet. 

When I arrive at back at the lounge, Wanda and Tony are no where to be seen. I sneak towards the fridge, opening the door without a sound. I take out two water bottles, and pour an equal amount into each bottle. The liquid loses it's color as it dissolves into the water. I smile to myself as I pad towards where Steve and Tony where. They were in the training room of course, sparring with each other. Sam was there too. His eyes meet mine as I enter the room, two water bottles in hand.

"Water anyone?" I ask sweetly, making sure to send a piercing glare Sam's way behind my back. He grins, holding his hands up in defense. Tony takes the water bottle almost immediately. I roll my eyes at him as I watch him gulp down almost the whole bottle. Steve takes the bottle from my hands with a smile, a small blush tainting his face. He takes a tentative sip, and my eyes turn to Tony.

Tony was shifting from foot to foot, his eyes darting back and forth with each shift. I hold back a laugh.

"You okay there, Tony?" I ask playfully. He sticks his tongue out at me, and I lift an eyebrow.

"Childish, are we?" I tease, gauging his reaction. He rolls his eyes at me.

"Let's just get back to sparring, Spangles" Tony says, annoyed. I grin wickedly at him, stepping off the mat to stand next to Sam.

Steve's eyes watch me, and there's a hint of jealously hiding behind the blue in his eyes.

"Go on" I say to Sam, jerking my chin towards Tony, "Ask one of them anything. I dare you" My voice was low, and I knew Steve was watching my every move. Sam seemed to catch on. He leaned in close to me, and I could feel his breath on my face.

"I never back down from a dare" he says, a smile on his face.

I hear a thud as Steve slams Tony angrily down on the mat. I giggle, covering my mouth with my hand.

"Is this how you're getting Steve?" Sam whispers, and I nod. He shakes his head, but he's smiling.

"You're going to be the death of him yet" he says, and on his last word, he walks closer to Tony.

"So, Tony. I hear you calling Steve all these names. Why?" Sam asks. Steve gives him a strange look, as to why his friend was asking Tony such a random question. Tony looked nervous.

"Uh, I, um, I like to call him all these names because I know it get's to him. I only call people names to show affection" he says, looking flustered. Steve stares at Tony, wide-eyed. I had never heard the billionaire stutter before.

"And you?" Sam say firmly, turning towards Steve. I stifle another laugh. Steve looked utterly terrified.

"Why haven't you made a move on Adora yet? It's obvious you two have a thing for each other" I stiffen. Although I was curious to the answer, I didn't want to be pulled into this.

Steve pauses, his mouth wide open. "Well, I'm scared. What if she doesn't have feelings for me?" He says, and I flinch at the honesty in his tone. Sam turns to me.

"I'm expecting you to take it from here" I let out a sigh. "Alright" I mutter, stepping forward.

"Thank you for your honesty, boys. You're under the influence from the Truth Serum Tony made. You're welcome" I say, throwing Sam a wink. He laughs, shaking his head at me.

Steve and Tony pale at my words. Suddenly, Steve grins playfully.

"Oh, you're gonna get it now" he growls, rushing at me. I laugh, running down the hallway, and away from his clutches. I can hear his laughter from behind me, the sound of his feet hitting the ground propelling me forwards.

I duck into the nearest dark room, pressing myself behind the door, just like Steve had done. I could hear my heart thudding in my chest as he got closer, breathing loudly. He slipped behind the door, and closed it.

"Looks like I've finally got you alone" he says, his voice deep. I feel my breath hitch as he moved closer, his hands moving to my hips. He had me pinned against the wall, his breath fanning over my neck.

"Can I kiss you?" he asked softly, his lips hovering over mine.

"Yes"