Chapter Forty-Seven: Sitting Ducks and Cookies

Warning: I’m not even gonna warn you guys anymore. (wiggles eyebrows)

Adora’s POV
Steve and I fell asleep next to each other. At what time, I didn’t know. When I opened my eyes though, we weren’t in our room, or even in Sam’s house. My hand immediately went to Steve, because the overwhelming sense of danger filling my head was killing me. I shook him, but he didn’t move. My hand flew to his wrist, and his neck, checking frantically for a pulse. ,

There was a beat.

I led out a sigh of relief, and my heart beat slowed down a bit. “Steve” I muttered to myself, entering his mind. There was a blockade. A small smirk spread across my face, because ever since Tiana had first blocked his mind, I had practiced getting through them.

While Steve slept sometimes I would block his mind so I could practice. I closed my eyes, concentrating on imagining the block moving away, to reveal beautiful tendrils of Steve’s thoughts. I let them wrap around me, consume me.

All of a sudden, they wrap around my throat, squeezing, and suffocating me. My hands clutch at my neck, and I can feel my consciousness disappearing as the air cuts of from my lungs.

“Steve” I rasp, trying my hardest to leave his mind, to escape him. The thoughts swirling around in his head were blue, and glowing, like the Tesseract. I would let out an exasperated sigh, but I could barely breathe at the moment.

Suddenly, the tendrils stop circling around me, and move away, almost in fear. I reach out to touch one, and it shocks me, slipping away in a hurry. I leave Steve’s mind, breathing hard. The soft cushioning of the bed was no longer underneath me, and instead, I was lay on cold, hard stone.

Steve was beside me, his eyes closed, and his breathing even. He was propped up against a brick wall, and chained up. A strangled breath of air passes between my lips. I can feel my heart pounding in my chest, and guilt wells up inside me, making it hard to breathe. 

“C’mon Adora” I muttered to myself, “You know this is all fake. She’s just messing with you” I don’t know whether I’m trying to convince myself or Steve. I look around, taking in my surroundings. We were in a cell, and the distant sound of water dripping could be heard from here. We’re surrounding by metal, and stone. Glass is in front of us, an dI let out a gasp. Before I could react further, the room changed, to one of pure white walls.

“Oh you’ve got to fucking kidding me” I mutter, my voice coming out as more of a snarl. Anger boiled inside me, like lava in a volcano. I’m sure if you touched me, my skin would be hot.

I turned back to Steve, and I knew he wouldn’t be waking up an time soon. If he was, then we wouldn’t be here. For some reason, Tiana could only seem to get me using him. He was her bait, and I the target.

I stood up, hands on my hips. “Alright, you’ve got me here, in this illusion. Are you gonna come out, or wait all day?” I called.

I could almost feel her presence before I saw it.

She appeared in front of me, dressed in her silky purple robes. Her truest form. A contemptuous grin lit my face, and I stepped forward slightly. She smiled at me, her dark red lips curling upwards. It was not a pretty smile.

“My dear, you rang?” she asked, her piercing black eyes watching me. “I did. Can I help you? ‘’Cuz I know you got me here for a reason”

She pursed her lips, her eyes looking me up and down. “You’ve grown since I last saw your human form, Calypso” I flinch, really hoping that Steve couldn’t hear. She smiled at me, a hint of triumph in her eyes.