Chapter Fifty: Giving Up

Listen to idfc by black bear on 1.25 speed for this chapter.:) - Gab

Steve’s brain kicked into overdrive. He was past the state of shock that had ripped through him in the earlier hours of the day. He felt numb, almost, like he could just accept what was going on.

Most of all, he was angry.

Angry that Adora kept so many secrets, that she was always had a plan that he didn’t know about, and now this, of all things, Steve would never had expected, never had even dared dreamed of.

So many different emotions were pulsing through him, and one of them was acceptance. Somehow, it made sense, this person of some sort in front of him. Something seemed to click into place when he saw her, like all his questions were answered.

And then he passed out.

“Steve!” Adora exclaimed, and hers was the last voice he heard before everything faded to black.

————————————————————

When he opened his eyes, he was not truly awake.

He was outside, soft sand under his skin, and the sound of the crashing ocean could be heard from where he was laying in the sand. He blinked a couple of times, the agonizing sunlight blinding him.

Steve sat up, framing his hand over his eyes, and took in his surroundings. To him, it appeared that he was on the beach of the small island, but the house was no where in sight, along with anything else familiar to him.

“You are awake” a voice said, but not one he knew. He turned around, and his eyes widened. A woman was standing in front of him, with the same silver eyes had been seeing in his visions. He immediately stiffened, preparing himself for a fight. She chuckled, stepping forward. She was dressed in purple robes, with the edges furled upwards.

“My dear, I’m not going to hurt you” she said, her voice rich, and deep. Her voice chilled him, made him desperately wish that his shield was in his hands, and not back at the house.

“Why am I here?” Steve asked, his voice coming out harsh and icy. Tiana didn’t even flinch,

“Has she told you why she brought you here?” she asked him, her silver eyes studying his features. His brows knitted in confusion.

“To lure you here” he answered, and Tiana laughed, a deep, throaty chuckle.

“How silly of her to tell you. I think you know, somewhere in your muddled mind, that that is a lie” Her voice turned cruel, the humor in her eyes fading. Steve clenched his jaw, and he could feel his chest tightening.

When he didn’t say anything, Tiana continued. “I can hear her trying to wake you up, but you are under my power. Do you know how she got her powers?” she asked pointedly,

“No” he growled, hating that his anger was getting to him, letting it control him. She smiled at him, but it wasn’t genuine.

“I see. Another secret she keeps from you. I’ve always admired that about Calypso. She is very good at keeping secrets. But, that is until you came along. Somehow, she seems to be letting too many things slip around you. No man has ever had that affect on her” Her silver eyes flicked towards him, watching for a reaction from him.

“Why do you call her Calypso?” he asked, surprising himself.

“Because that is her name” she responded, as if that was obvious.

“Her name is Adora” he snapped, narrowing his eyes at her. She only glanced at him.

“To you, To you, she is pure, and good. To me, she is Calypso. Nothing more, nothing less” she paused, her eyes looking at him again, “My dear, I have brought you here for a reason” she told him, stepping forward, an unidentifiable glint in her eyes, “You think you know her, again and again, and then you find out you don’t . Yet you stay with her, still love her. But, she is using you. She does not love you. She is only out for her own skin. You will find that out soon enough, and I’ve come to warn you”