Chapter Seventeen: What a time for Revenge

Warning: Minor swearing.

Adora's POV

Buddy you're a boy make a big noise 

Playing in the street gonna be a big man some day 

You got mud on your face

You big disgrace

Kickin' your can all over the place

Singin'

We will, we will rock you

We will, we will rock you

The sound of music flowed through the bathroom, traveling past the curtain, and into my ears. Hot water poured down my body, soothing the aches and tiredness of my body. I hummed in time with the music, running my hands through my hair. My eyes were closed, enjoyed the pure moment of being alone. 

I heard the creak of the bathroom door open, and I let out a sigh. My moment disappeared.

"It's me" I heard Steve's soft voice, and I smiled. 

"Trying to peak there, Captain?" I tease. I did't need to see him to know he was blushing. 

"No, I, uh" he stuttered, but I shushed him. "I'm just messing. Anything I can help you with, or did you just come in here for fun?" I ask lightly. 

There's only silence. "Steve?" I ask, peeking out from behind the shower curtain. His face pales, and he blinks a couple of times. 

"I'm... I'm just gonna leave" he said in a hurry, quickly stumbling out of the bathroom. I let out a low laugh, moving back behind the curtain. 

Soon enough, I finish, and the knobs of the shower squeak as I twist them off. I step out of the shower, my body dripping wet. I freeze. 

My towel's gone. 

My eyes look around, searching for an extra towel. I hadn't seen Steve take one. But, I swore I took one out before I got in.

That little shit. 

"STEVEN GRANT ROGERS" I yell, and I hear the faint sound of snickering. "I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU" 

I almost had the guts to walk out of the bathroom stark naked. But, seeing as I didn't know who would be in the room when I walked out, I wasn't ready to take that chance. 

"Jarvis?" I call out, wondering if the AI system was in the bathroom. 

"Yes, Miss Blackwood?" his voice answered, smooth and calming. I bit my lip. How Tony had gotten my last name, was something I would beat out of him later. 

"Is there anyone outside my door?"

"The only person currently outside your door is Mr. Rogers"

"Is there any way you could get me a towel?"

I can almost hear the smile in his voice.

"Yes" I let out a sigh of relief. One of the air vents above me popped open, and a pristine, white towel appeared. I grinned. 

"Thank you, Jarvis"

"My pleasure, Miss Blackwood"

I wrap the towel around my body, letting out a sigh. I rest my hand on the door knob. I swing open the door, revealing a red-faced Steve. Despite this, there was a small smile on his face.

"Are you still going to kill me?" he asks playfully, and I smiled wickedly. 

"Oh no, I'm still going to kill you. One does not simply steal a towel from me" I tease back. Steve grinned at me, getting up so that he was only inches away from my particularly bare body. I felt my breath hitch as he tucked a piece of my wet hair behind my ear. Where had this Steve come from?

"I understood that reference" he whispered. (I'm sorry, I couldn't help it)

I let out a shaky laugh as he steps back, but not very far away, a smirk plastered on his handsome features. 

"Looks like someone talked to Tony" I say, making him blush. Before he can say anything else, I speak.

"Now" I say, wiggling my eyebrows at him, "Unless you wanna watch me get dressed, I suggest you leave" Steve lets out a throaty chuckle, his eyes glinting.

"Then maybe I'll stay" My eyes widen, and my lips part in shock. Did he just say what I think he said?

He walks towards me, quickly, only stopping to put his hands on my hips. I shiver. He places a kiss on my cheek, and I can feel the blush rushing to my cheeks.

"For once" he murmured, "I am the one to make you blush" And with that he is gone, leaving me out of breath. So he wanted to play that game.

What a time for revenge.