Chapter Fifteen: Files and Flirting

Adora's POV

My jaw drops, and I walk closer to Steve, wanting to see the information for myself. On the paper, in small black print read the following:

Mission: Retrieve the Tessaract from Hydra Base #42, in London, England.

Partner: Steve Rogers aka Captain America 

Partner: Adora Blackwood aka Calypso 

Notes from the Director: The Tesseract is in possession of an unknown Hydra leader, who plans to use it's power. The leader will be holding a banquet, where he will unleash the Tesseract's power on everyone within a 200 thousand mile radius. Your job is to get the Tesseract from where it's being held. The leader has it in plain sight, so once you retrieve it you must leave. You have two days to get it, the banquet will be held two days in a row. You will be staying in a hotel nearby for the first night. You must sneak into where the banquet is taking place the night before, so you can map out any escape routes as needed. Good luck.

My eyes stop at Calypso. A pang of shock ripples through me, and I take in a deep breath. I read the rest of the file, hoping that Steve wouldn't ask me about my name. When I finish reading I take a step back. 

"Well, this sounds fun" I say casually, looking up at Steve. He's mumbling under his breath, his eyes scanning over the page in front of him. 

"How'd the Tesseract get out of Asgard? I thought Thor could handle it" Steve says, disbelief clear in his eyes. I let out a sigh. 

"I don't know, Steve. There's obviously something Fury's not telling us" I tell him, not really meetings his eyes. He doesn't seem to notice. 

"There's always something Fury's not telling us" he replies angrily. I flinch at his change of tone. 

"I'm sure we'll figure it out when we get there. For now, let's get ready" I say to him. He nods, walking through the door. I follow him, my footsteps making no noise in the hallway. 

"So" I say nonchalantly, my eyes traveling around the hallway, "Why were you hiding from me in the first place?" 

Steve stops walking, and turns to face me. He was blushing. "It was Tony's idea" he says, looking away. I raise an eyebrow at him. "Oh? And what was his idea exactly?" I ask, a smile on my face. I put my hand on my hips and Steve's eyes widen. My smile only grows at his flustered state. 

"I, ah, his idea was to --" he was cut off, by an a smug looking Tony. "Make a move, the Captain's too slow" he finished, making Steve blush even more. I  laughed, looking up at Steve. 

"Make a move, eh?" I say stepping towards Steve with a wink. His blush deepens. I shake my head, making a tsk sound with my tongue. 

"And you hid? My, my, Captain America, trying to make a move on me" I tease, twirling a piece of hair between my fingers. I could hear Tony chuckling behind me. 

"Well, I.." he stuttered, looking sheepish as he ran his fingers through his hair. I step towards him, a smile on my lips. 

"I'm still waiting" I say, my lips barely brushing his ear. His face is fully red now, and I let out a low chuckle. 

I move away from him, and step past him, falling into step with Tony. 

"I can't believe he was actually going to make a move on me" I say to him, and he laughs. 

"I can't believe he actually hid"