Chapter Twenty-Nine: They Know

Adora's POV
I woke up to the feeling of Steve's arms wrapped around me. I liked this feeling, this feeling of safeness. I wanted to wake up to it every day, for the rest of my life. I could feel his breath on the back of my neck, and his scent enveloped me.

I tried to shift my weight, easing out of his grip, but his arms only tightened around me. I let out a quiet laugh.

"I can't get up if you don't let me" I whisper softly, and a smile plays on his lips, his eyes still closed.

"Good" he murmured back, nuzzling his nose into my neck, his hands rubbing circles on my stomach. His touch felt fantastic, and warmth spread through my body. I eased back into him, loving the feeling of him touching me.

"Fine, only a couple more minutes" I mumble, turning around to face him. His beautiful blue eyes were open, looking at me. Steve pulled me closer to his chest, heat radiating between us.

After a couple of relaxing minutes of cuddling up to Steve, I finally pulled away.

"We have to get up a some point, love" I say gently, and Steve fake pouts.

"Okay" he whines, making my laugh. I get up, bending over to stretch my refreshed muscles. I feel a smack on my butt, and I let out a gasp in surprise. When I turn around, Steve is smirking at me. I raise my eyebrows.

"Well someone's getting a bit cocky, aren't they?" I tease, and he only grins at me, his eyes sparkling with mischief. I wiggle a finger at him, making a tsk sound with my tongue.

"I'll get you back, mister, don't you worry" I assure him, and he laughs.

"Thats what you say every time" he counters, grinning at me like a fool. I tap a finger to my cheek in thought, exaggerating my movements.
"No time like the present" I say playfully, and his eyes widen. I knew the height of Steve's boldness, and I was willing to test it.

After all, I loved messing with people.

In seconds, I pounced on him, using my sudden force to pin him on the bed. He was in only his boxers. I trailed a finger down his chest, watching his eyes flutter closed. He was breathing heavily, his chest moving up and down underneath me. I stopped my finger at the waistband of his boxers, teasing him. I could tell he wanted more.

I brought my lips to his ear, softly nibbling on his skin. I kissed slowly down his neck, my eyes watching him. I pulled away, my eyes never moving away from his. I moved my lips down, my nose trailing down his chest. I kissed the skin above his hips, and a gasp escaped his lips as I licked up his chest, and started to kiss down again. I bit down and sucked on his skin, earning a low groan from him.

"Adora" he breathed, as I pulled away again, my lips hovering inches away from his. He lifted his head up to capture my lips, but I deftly moved away. I press soft, gentle kisses up his jaw, making him whimper in anticipation. I thrust my hips slowly into his making him groan, his hands now gripping my waist. I did it again, making tingles of pleasure shoot up my spine.

Suddenly, I rolled off of him, smiling to myself triumphantly as I walked off to the bathroom.

"How's that for getting you back?" I called out teasingly, and I heard him huff in annoyance. I closed the door to the bathroom, looking at my face in the mirror. I looked happy, with my hair in curls all over the place. I stripped off my shirt, and underwear, deciding to take a quick shower. I twisted the knobs of the shower, and hot water came pouring out. I stepped in, moving the glass door to the shower so I could get in.

I reveled in the warm water streaming down my body, feeling relaxation wash over me. Steam erupted on the glass door, surrounding me with mist. My mind traveled around with thoughts, finally landing on a recent memory. A memory of when Natasha came to see me before I went on this mission. My thoughts swivel back to the package she gave me.