Chapter Nineteen: Marks and Preparation

Steve's lips were on Adora's before she had even uttered the last syllable. Her lips were soft, and they moved slowly against his. Steve kissed Adora softly, and slowly. His heart was pounding in his chest, and it felt like a flurry of fireworks were erupting inside his stomach. He had never done this before. Sure he'd kissed a woman before, but never one like Adora. For some reason, in Steve's mind she was different from any one he had ever met and would ever meet.

Adora traces her tongue on his bottom lip, asking for entrance, which he quickly granted. Adora wrapped her arms around his neck, tangling her hands in his hair.

Steve broke away, catching his breath, but that didn't stop him from kissing down her neck. She let out a gasp as he nipped her delicate skin.

"Steve" she breathed, and he smiled into her skin.

"Did" Kiss. "I" Kiss. "Find a weakness?" he murmured back. Instead she bit her lip, holding back a moan as he bit down gently, his tongue swirling around on her soft skin. Steve made sure to make a mental note of that, which would be of good use for him later.

As Steve worked on her neck, Adora trailed her hands down his chest, slipping them under his tight shirt. Steve let out a low moan as her hands met his warm skin, sparks of fire racing up his spine with each touch.

Steve's hands traveled to cup her thighs, and she let out a gasp.

"Jump" he said, his lips brushing her ear she she wrapped her legs around his hips. He let out a gasp at the contact of their hips, sending tingles of pleasure through his body. Steve pressed against Adora, their upper halves fitting together like a puzzle piece.

Adora flicked her hips upwards, earning a groan from Steve from the unexpected friction. She did it again, making Steve take his lips off of her, resting his forward against hers.

"I like that" he murmured. She laughed quietly, her eyes sparkling.

"I know" she replied, leaning forward to press a kiss to his lips. This time the kiss was passionate, making both of their heart beat faster. Steve gripped her thighs as she bit his lower lip gently. Adora was the one to pull away this time.

"I can hear Stark in the hallway" she whispered. Steve groaned, putting her down, and ran his fingers through his now messy hair. She laughed at his sudden grumpiness.

"Tony's always ruining things" he muttered, giving her a wink as she smoothed down her clothes. Her hands went to her neck.

"Did you leave a mark?" she asked, grinning at him. Steve blushed, looking at the slightly red marks he had made on her neck. He nodded, making her chuckle.

"Looks like there's no hiding it now" she teased, walking towards the door. Her hand reached for the knob, but before she could open the door, Steve pulled her away, pressing his lips to hers. 

He pulled away almost as immediately as he had touched her, leaving Adora breathless. She raised an eyebrow at him. The flush on his cheeks brightened.

"I just wanted one more" he said, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. She rolled her eyes, reaching for the door knob again.

Adora turned to Steve. She pressed a finger to her lips, signaling for him to be quiet. She peered out the door, and she looked to Steve, and gestured for him to go out.

Together, they creeped out the dark room, into the silent hallway.

"He's about seven feet to the right. Hiding in one of the rooms. He planned to record us" Adora whispered to Steve, a mischievous smile on her face.

"You have some sort of plan" he said, looking expectantly at her. She laughed quietly.

"Wanda said the same thing earlier" she answered back, amusement evident in her voice.

"Here, follow me" Adora walked forward, with Steve trailing behind her. Adora walked casually down the hallway, entering the room the attached to the kitchen, where Sam and Wanda were talking animatedly. They both looked up as Steve and Adora entered. Sam's eyes traveled to Adora's neck, and he gave her a knowing look. Then he looked to Steve, who had never felt so embarrassed.

"I see you two had fun" he said, laughing. Steve blushed harder, if that was even possible. and Adora just rolled her eyes.

"We should go get ready for the mission. We'll need to gather clothes, weapons, and anything else we might need" Adora said to Steve. He nodded, setting off to collected everything she had just listed.

Adora stayed put as Steve walked off, and he wondered what exactly what she was doing. Walking towards the room he had been staying in, he searched for the file for their mission. Steve was kind of excited to go on a mission with Adora. That would mean he would get to see how she fought, and how she handled herself in the field. His fingers brushed the file in one of the drawers he was looking in. He grasped the paper, flipping open the folder.

His eyes skimmed over the note from Fury, landing on Adora's name. He hadn't known her last name was Blackwood. Then his eyes traveled further.

To a word. A special word he had never seen before.

Calypso.

What did that mean? And why did Adora have a name in the field? Steve had originally thought that Adora was a new agent, someone Fury had needed a favor from, and she was returning it. It had never occurred to him that she might have a reputation.

But then another thought slipped into his head. A thought he didn't want to think about.

What if Adora's reputation was bad?

Adora didn't seem like the kind of person who started out life doing good. His thoughts traveled back to the school she had went to. Steve knew Natasha had been scarred from being in that school, and he also knew that she hadn't started out working for S.H.I.E.L.D. But Steve knew where to look for this kind of information.

Tony's computer.

Tony had one computer that he stored everything on. And knowing Tony, he had information about Adora that he had stolen form S.H.I.E.L.D. But getting into that computer was something Steve didn't have the ability to do. And if he asked Tony for the information, Adora would be sure to find out.

"Steve?" came a voice from behind him, and he turned to find Adora standing with her arms crosses, her eyes narrowed at him. He thought she had heard him thinking for sure.

"Everything we need is downstairs" she stated, her voice a mixture between sugar and steel. Steve paled.

"I.." he started but she hushed him.

"Just go" she said, and spun around her hair spinning with her. She was gone in a flash, with Steve not far behind her.

It was time to prepare.