Epilogue

Steve was in pain. So much pain, he could barely handle it. Grief hit him in waves, washing over him as he brushed rain out of his face. He was currently standing outside in the pouring rain, tiny drops spilling out from the top of his umbrella. He was dressed in all black, looming over the dull colored grass in front of a sleek, wooden coffin. It was not his first time at a funeral, and probably not his last.

Steve blinked a couple of times, the rain droplets trailing down his face turning into tears. It was hard to believe that she was gone. It didn't seem real to him. But everything around him was real.

And he wanted it all to end.

In the past couple of days, people came up to him, giving their condolences. He saw the pity and sympathy in everyone's eyes, even from Sam and Tony. Natasha hadn't come to the service, and this troubled him. He had asked Sam if he knew why, but it had turned out that she had been assigned to a mission almost as soon as they had left Sam's house. He didn't even know if Natasha was aware of her sister's death.

"You should come inside. You don't need to be standing out in the rain all day. She'll still be here tomorrow" a voice interrupted his thoughts, and he turned to see Calypso standing beside him, umbrella in hand. He nodded silently, making no move to leave the coffin before him. Calypso let out a sigh, pursing her lips. She turned back around, frowning, the soft sound of her feet on the wet grass filling his ears.

As soon as she was gone, Steve knelt down, ignoring the water seeping into his black dress pants, and place a single, red rose onto the smooth, shiny wood. Even though she didn't want to be buried, Steve couldn't stand the thought of her body burning, just so he could keep the remains.

Steve closed his eyes, almost enjoying the feeling of fresh, cool water dripping down his face. He did have one comfort, and that was that Tiana was gone. With the Tesseract destroyed, she was safely dead. The stone within the Tesseract, however, was a different story. It was buried with Adora, and Steve was pretty sure he was the only one who knew.

That stone was his last hope.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everything was cold. It was like it seeped into my bones, and wrapped around my spine. I sucked in a deep breath, and lifted my hand. It barely moved, sand pouring from where my hand had been. I could feel small particles of sand on my forehead, and I wiggled my eyebrows, trying to get it off.

I was covered in sand.

And I was just about as angry as anyone could be at a moment like this. I had no memory of how I got here, but that I was going to get revenge.

Revenge on the person in red, white, and blue