Part 4: Trying new things

Sabrina's POV

After I unpack my few outfits into the dresser drawers, making mental notes of things I should buy for this room. It seems so dull, so empty. I wouldn't put too much in it; maybe I'll and print out a few pictures to hang, buy a new duvet cover for my bed, and a few books to read.

By the time I'm done, I feel like I should take a nap. These last couple days have been unbelievably stressful. Maybe a nap could help my mind settle a bit. I decide that that is what I'm going to do and as soon as my head hits the pillow, I'm out.

By the time I wake up, Micheal and Richelle are already home from school. I fell asleep in teh morning, since that's when I arrived here, and I'm also not registered in school yet. I walk around my room for a bit as if pacing would make the time go by faster.

"Sabrina, please come downstairs! I have someone that you need to meet!" I hear Gemma yell.
I sigh and walk out of my room and onto the main floor where I'm greeted by a beautiful girl who looks about the same age as me.

"Sabrina, this Kat, my other daughter. Since she's your age, I think you two will get along," she tells me. I force a smile onto my face and look at Kat.

"Nice to meet you," I say to her. She looks at me with an awfully fake smile.

"Nice to meet you too," she says to me in a sweet voice, though that smile throws her tone off.
Great, another person who hates me. Just what I need. Just fabulous.

Gemma excuses herself from the room and leaves Kat and I alone in silence. Neither of us make an effort to speak and I decide to take the initiative to start a conversation. 

"So, what do you like to do?" I ask. She sighs raises her hand, inspecting her perfected nails.

"Shopping, dating guys, and Snapchat," she tells me. "You?"

"Oh, me? I like sports, social media's, and music," I tell her.

"Ugh," she groans under her breath.

"Well, I like shopping too," I say. Her face brightens up as I tell her this.

"Really?" She questions me. I nod.

"Totally."

"What's your favourite stores?" She asks. I know she's not gonna be into Sport Check, so I'll just say something else.

"That's simple. I like Ardenes, Forever 21, and Hollister," I tell her..

"What Hollister?" She asks. I gasp dramatically when she asks this.

"You legitimately have never been to Hollister?" 

"I've never heard of it," she says. What am I hearing?! How can someone who loves to shop not know what Hollister is?

"That's insane. I have to show you sometime," I say.

"What about now?" She asks. I shrug.

"Is your mom okay with that?"

"Mom! Can Sabrina and I go to Hollister?" Kat shouts out to Gemma.

"Yup!" She yells back. Kat smiles and runs up to her room to retrieve her bag. Motioning me to come along with her, we walk out the door and towards the mall. Maybe staying here won't be too bad after all.