Part 37: Same Old House

Sabrina's POV

As Jacob and I head through the front door, I hesitate and stop. What if the police didn't get everything? What if D somehow got in without them noticing.

"Sabrina, I made sure the police took everything out that could have been harmful to you. I promise that you're going to be safe inside this house," Jacob tells me. I nod and go inside, though it still doesn't take away the fact that this house doesn't feel safe and that I'm obviously not 100% safe. No one is.

We walk inside and I glance around and see that there is nothing that has changed. Its still the same safe house. It's the same house I've been coming to since I was four.

Just the same old house.

After Jacob and I unpack our things, we decide that since our first day of school is tomorrow, we should buy a few things at the mall. We walk there and after buying a whole bunch of clothes and school supplies, we walk to our eye doctor since his mom moved our appointment we had next week to today since we'd be back now.

We both get tested and it comes out that Jacob has 19/20 vision while I have 14/20 vision. My jaw drops when he tells me this. I need to buy glasses? Oh gosh. I'm going to look awful with them. The doctor shows us a few frames and I finally settle with a simple black frame that doesn't look too bad on me. We put the purchase on hold so his mom can pay for them when she gets back. After that, we decide to head home.

D's POV

The cops completely ruined everything. All she had to do was walk into her house and she'd be gone. Fortunately, I have a backup plan that I'm ready to put into action. Sabrina, be prepared to make a new friend tomorrow.