Part 34: 2:30am

*TRIGGER WARNING: Chapter may mention abuse, suicide, self-harm, and/or eating disorders. Read at your own risk.*

*2:30am*

Sabrina's POV

My phone will not freaking stop buzzing! Jacob is so lucky he's a heavy sleeper. For a few moments, it stops buzzing and I smile to myself and close my eyes, attempting to go back to sleep.

Buzz.

I quietly groan out loud and get out of bed, careful not to disturb Jacob from his deep sleep. I grab my phone and start to walk towards the washroom. I turn my phone and wince from the brightness. I swipe up on my phone to turn it down, but see the brightness is already as dim as it can be. Ugh, iPhones.

I enter the washroom and sit on the counter, opening my text message and see I have 39 new messages from that unknown number that was calling me earlier. That's so annoying. Why not 40?

I begin to scroll through them and the more I read them, the more I get the sense that this isn't a joke. I get a strange feeling in my stomach and know that I should've taken them more serious earlier.

Watch out, Sabrina.

Nobody can protect you

You'll be dead by the time I get to you.

Should you be stabbed or shot? Decisions, decisions...

You'll die as soon as you step into your house. Can't wait to get this over with.

You'll finally be out of this world and put in your place like you should've been long ago.

I keep scrolling through the messages. This person knows where I live. This person knows my number. This person is going to kill me.

All of my overwhelming thoughts wrack at my brain and the tears that were just simply starting to escape my eyes were now pouring like a waterfall, sobs even managing to come out of my mouth.

I shut the bathroom door and take in a ragged breath, deeply thinking about what I should do. Am I putting all of my friends and family in danger? Should I break off my relationships with everyone so no one gets hurt? Should I end it with Jacob? I get a sick feeling in my stomach at the thought of doing that.

I then see a razor sitting on the end of the bathtub and I'm suddenly back at age thirteen, sitting on the ground with blood flowing out of my wrists. It hurt so badly but it took away what was on my mind. Maybe that's all I need right now.

No, I shouldn't. I'm almost 8 months clean and I'm so proud of myself. Why would I do anything to ruin that?

I pick up the razor hesitantly and look at my left arm, seeing my scars and wondering if it'd be a good idea to make more. Unfortunately (or thankfully, I'm not even sure anymore), the bathroom door bursts open and a tired Jacob opens the door.

"What are you-" he starts in a raspy voice, but cuts himself off when looking at me, his eyes immediately drawn to my hand and what it's holding.

"Sabrina, baby," he whispers, rushing towards me and ripping the razor out of my hand. He throws it straight into the trash can that is beside the sink and kneels in front of me.

"W-why would you do this?" He whispers again, gently taking hold of one of my hands with both of his. I simply look down and don't answer, another tear streaming down my cheek.

"Baby, please tell me," he says, lifting my chin up. "This is something serious, not something that you should get the habit of doing again. I don't want you to feel as though cutting is something simple and is normal. It's not normal, it's not beautiful, it's not romantic. It's dark, and I want to know why you thought something so awful was the only way to solve your problem."

I tell him every detail. I tell him about the texts, physically showing him my phone and what they said. I told him my worries about how I would be putting everyone in danger and how I wasn't sure what to do anymore. I'm not sure what the right thing to do is for not just my sake, but everyone around me's sake too.

"First of all, who would send a text like that a two-thirty in the morning?" He says. I can't help but let out a laugh. Another reason I'm grateful for Jacob is because he can make me smile in my darkest times.

"Second off, everything will be okay. We'll contact the police tomorrow, show them the messages and they'll find the person IP address so they can be arrested. You'll be okay, I'll be okay, and everyone you love will be okay," Jacob reassures me. I wrap my arms around his waist, resting my head against his shoulder.

"Thank you for listening and caring," I thank him.

"Of course, baby. I care so much about you," he says. I smile to myself.

Carson's POV

My limbs are numb and I can't seem to be able to process my thoughts. I'm being blinded by the dark and all I can hear is blaring sirens. My most recent memory was walking alongside Ariel and a strange man came up to us and stabbed her so many times that I lost count. I cried and cried until I stopped when he did the same to me.