Part 26: I Love You

Sabrina's POV

I just lay there cold. I can't move. No matter how hard I try, I just can't. I hear screaming in the hallway. I try with all my might to get up. When my body loosens and I sit up. I get off the bed and look at the hospital bed. My body is still there.

Wait, I'm a spirit? That's so cool! No one can see me! I might as well see what the commotion in the hallway is about. I raise my hands as if they were guns and slowly inch my way towards the door. Hey, if I'm a spirit, I'm not wasting any opportunities to scare the crap out of people. I open the door, whispering spy music to myself. I count to three and jump into the hallway with my fingers towards no one in particular. I'm about to shout freeze until I see something that breaks my heart.

Jacob and Loren and on the floor. Loren is sobbing hysterically into Jacob's shoulder while he's staring off blankly at a wall. All of my other friends appear, sadness visible on each of their faces.

"Let's go," Joey says, helping Loren and Jacob stand up.

"Just give me a minute. I'll catch up with you guys," Jacob says. They leave and he is in the waiting room alone. He starts to shred tears again.

"Please don't cry," I say. He looks up confused.

"Who said that?" He asks.

"It's Sabrina," I say. He looks around him.

"H-how?"

"It's my spirit, I guess. But I'm still alive. I know you can wake me up, Jacob. Please figure it out so I won't be stuck like this forever. Please," I tell him. He looks around him still confused as I talk.

"Try for me," I whisper, softly kissing his cheek. He puts his hand on the spot I kissed, looking around curiously.
I walk back into my hospital room and lay back in my body, staying hold there. I hear footsteps coming towards me and immediately know it's Jacob. I feel his hand lay on top of mine. Come on, Jacob. Just tell the truth. That's all it takes.

He plants so many kisses on my lips that I can't count. He tells me he loves me over and over. Though I know he means it, it's just not strong enough.

"I don't know how to wake you up Sabrina," he says, crying small tears.

"I can't. I just can't wake you up," he sighs.

"I just want you to know that I love you more than anything else in the world. I think I love you more than my own parents. You're the most beautiful, nicest, talented, and sweetest girl I've ever met. You changed my life Sabrina, you changed it for the better. You shaped the person I am today, and I can't thank you enough. I just want you to know that I tried to stop you from going in front of the bullet. I didn't want you hurt. I tried to pull you and Loren away, but it was too late. I'm going to miss you everyday of my life and I'll always wish it was me who got hurt instead of you. I'm going to miss seeing your beautiful smile everyday when I wake up, or your laugh even when I'm not funny at all, or how much you care for me even if I get a paper cut, and how many times a day you told me you loved me. You forgave me when it was hard, and you made me a stronger person, and I will never love anyone like I love you," he says crying again, some happy tears and some sad tears. I feel my limbs start to come back into control. I slightly move my fingertips.

"Sabrina?" Jacob says surprised. I start to move my wrist. Slowly, but it's still moving.

"Sabrina, baby! Come on! Wake up! You can do it!" He says. I feel my eyes slowly open and Jacob is standing right beside me, a smile on his face.

"Sabrina! You're awake! You're okay!" He says hugging me. He kisses me so many times I can't even count.

"How did you wake up?" He asks. I smile.

"You told the truth," I tell him. He looks at me with a confused expression.

"Was it when I told you how much I wanted you to wake up?" He ask. I shake my head.

"You told me how much you loved me," I respond. He smiles and hugs me again.

"I thought I actually lost you. I'm never letting you go ever again."