Part 36: Blessed

*TRIGGER WARNING: Chapter may mention abuse, suicide, self-harm, and/or eating disorders. Read at your own risk.*

Jacob's POV

Holy crap, Ariel is awake! Thank god! This is a miracle!

"My god, Ariel! I thought I lost you!" Sabrina exclaims, gently wrapping her arms around her. I join in, feeling hot tears stream down my face.

"Wait, guys," Ariel says weakly. Sabrina and I pull away, looking down at her confused as to what could be bothering her at this moment.

"Is there something wrong?" I ask her.

"Carson is dead."

My breath hitches when I hear this. My knees begin to feel weak and Sabrina wraps an arm around my waist. How can she be so sure that he's gone?

"I know this sounds crazy, but it was just us in a dark room, and there was a staircase and he went up it. I went back down," she tells us. I don't understand. What staircase?

Sabrina's POV

I understand so clearly. I thought I was the only one.

"I- I get it, Ariel. Truly, I understand. When I first tried to commit suicide, there was a man and he wanted me to be his slave or something along those lines. I had to sleep in dark clothes and he said it was home, but it wasn't. It wasn't even close to home. Then someone who I still don't know who to this day, took me from it and took me to some place where I saw my mom again. She convinced me to give life another chance and I'm forever thankful for that visit with her. I understand exactly. Carson loved you so much as a best friend that he took his life for you. I bet that there was a staircase to heaven that only allowed one person up and the other got a second chance and Carson gave you the second chance, Ariel."

"Everything was exactly right. You took the words out of my mouth."

Ariel's POV

After Sabrina and Jacob leave the room, a happy tear streams down my face. I then feel a hand on my shoulder and I quickly snap my head to the side. I then see a pale Carson, almost looking sheer. I let out a gasp and wrap my arms around his shoulders.

"I love you, Ariel. I'll always be with you," he whispers.

"I love you too, Carson Lueders. You'll forever be my best friend," I say back. He then fades away and I sit back, trying to comprehend that Carson is gone, but he gave up his life for me to show how selfless and humble he really is.

How blessed was I to be able to be friends with someone like Carson Lueders.

Next chapter will be about when Sabrina gets back to her house and something happens with mysterious D...