Part 25: Oh no

*TRIGGER WARNING: Chapter may mention abuse, suicide, self-harm, and/or eating disorders. Read at your own risk.*

Loren's POV

We were laughing and having a good time when we hear the door open. Weird, my moms not suppose to be back until tomorrow morning. I hear a loud noise and look over at the other, my face turning pale.

"Was that-" I cut myself off, basically loosing my voice. Jacob nods at me, his face also loosing colour. There's someone in the house.

They have a gun.

"Get into the closet of the spare bedroom," Jacob whispers. Without even thinking about it, we all rush quietly towards the bedroom and go into the corner of the closet. Though it's dark, I know everyone is trying their best to keep their tears and sobs in.

"Guys, where's Crystal?" Sabrina whispers. We all look around.

"I don't know," I say on the verge of crying. Sabrina hugs me from the side. I feel tears start to come and she starts to pet my hair soothingly.

"Come out of that room Loren before I bust the door open!" Someone shouts from the other side. I freeze in terror. What does this person want from me? The door suddenly burst open and I use all my willpower not to shout.

"Loren," I hear a deep feminine voice say. It's clearly Crystal. I duck my head.

"Loren and Joey," she says. I push Sabrina into the corner of the closet with the others, shielding them from her as I step out.

"What do you want!" I yell. It's Crystal. I knew something was wrong with her.

"If you wanna live, you will give Joey to me," she says.

"He's not here," I say. He had to leave an hour ago.

"I know you're lying. He's in the closet, isn't he?" She says.

"I already told you, he's not here! He left! I came in here to grab extra blankets when we heard you and the others ran into the bathroom! But Joey is not here!"

She sighs and points the gun at me.
"I didn't want to have to do this," she says. She puts her pointer finger on the trigger. I close my eyes, feeling tears come out of them. I wait for the noise that'll prove I'm forever gone when suddenly I'm pushed to the ground right as the noise happens. I look around me and Sabrina lying on the ground next to me, clutching her stomach. I gasp and look at Crystal, pointing a shaky finger at her.

"Get the hell out of here!" I shout at her. She grumbles.

"I'll be back," she says. Without looking up again, I collapse next to Sabrina.

"Sabrina! No!" I yell. She looks at me, her eyes squinted and blood on her hands.

"Why did you take the bullet for me?" I ask, a sob bursting out of my mouth. She slight smiles, though I know she's in pain.

"That's what friends do," she says. Her eyes slowly start to close and I start to shake her.

"Jacob! Call 9-11!" I say loudly.

"I am already," he says crying.

"Sabrina, don't go to sleep! Don't fall asleep!" I shout at her. Before I know it, we are in the ambulance, Jacob on one side and me on the other. Everyone else couldn't ride with us.

When we get to the hospital, they take Sabrina into the emergency room for surgery. Jacob and I are pacing around the room, mumbling things to ourselves. Hours and hours of agony go by, and we're just waiting to find out if she's alive.

"Loren Beech and Jacob Sartorius?" We hear a doctor say. We both perk up.

"I'm sorry, but the bullet hit too close to the heart and the wound was too severe. She's gone," he says. I stay there for a minute, then start screaming. This cannot be happening!

"She can't be gone!" I sob. Jacob goes in to hug me and I don't resist. We sob into each others shoulders. The rest of the gang runs in.

"What happened?" Joey asks me.

"She-she's dead" I say. He looks at me with confusion.

"Sabrina. She's... gone," I say starting to sob again. He hugs me as I sob into his shoulder.

"It'll be okay," he squeaks out. I've never seen him cry. It's just Jacob and I that are emotional wreaks right now. She's gone. She actually gone.

This chapter was so sad for me to write. So Sabrina's dead now. That happened. Ya...