Part 17: Finding Out The Truth

(The video at the top is really random, but it's so funny, in my opinion. I think my replay button is broken😂)

*TRIGGER WARNING: Chapter may mention abuse, suicide, self-harm, and/or eating disorders. Read at your own risk.*

Jacob's POV

We all agree to playing twenty questions while waiting for our food at the restaurant.

"Do you know my way of playing it?" Sabrina asks. I'm the only one who nods my head. She slightly smiles.

"Okay, so there's 20 questions, so we're going to divide the questions equally up. So there's 5 of us, and 20 questions to be asked, so we're all going to be asked 5 questions each, so I'm all that equals 20 questions. Simple" she says. (AUTHORS NOTE: dear 11 year old Kaydence, smh you suck at math) They all look confused.

"Instead of guessing like you do in the regular game, we're going to ask everyone 5 questions each instead of 20," I say.

"Oh," they all say in sync. Both Sabrina and I laugh.

"I'll go first," Sabrina says. "Mark, are your grades good?"

"Really? That's a horrible question!" He exclaims.

"It's something I want to know though. Last time I checked you had a B average," she says.

"Well now my average is an A," he confirms.

"I guess it's a competition to see who's grades can last the longest now, because I'm still an A average too," Sabrina says. They death glare each other for a few moments and I can't help but laugh at how ridiculous they can be.

"Kasey," Mark says. She nods.
"What is your best childhood memory?"

"Hm... I think it would have to be... oh, I know! I was about 6, and my sister was about 9 years old. We went to the amusement park together and we went on this really high ride. I didn't want to go on it, but she made me. After we got off, she was laughing in my face because I looked like I was gonna throw up. So that's what I did. I threw up all over her. It was awesome!" She says. We all laugh in sync.

"How was that your best childhood memory?" Mark chuckles.

"Because I taught my sister to never make me do something I don't want to do," she says. We laugh again.

"Jacob, what's your favourite food?" Kasey asks.

"Mac and cheese. Duh," Sabrina and I say in sync. We look at each other with a raised eyebrow. I shrug my shoulders and she does to, earning more chuckles from the others.

"Mark, if you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?" I ask.

"I have no idea. I think I'm fine where I am," he says. We all aww. He laughs.

"Kasey, how did you and Mark meet?" Sabrina asks.

"We were at the skateboarding park and he ran into me while I was walking by and I guess we picked it up from there," she tells her. Sabrina looks at him weirded out.

"You ran into her?"

"Yeah, I didn't see her."
"How did you not see a girl that is 5'6?!" She exclaims.

"She's 5'6?"

"Oh my gosh, never mind."

Sabrina's POV

"Sabrina. How did you and Jacob meet?" She asks. I look up at Jacob and he grabs my hand from underneath the table, causing me to smile.

"It's kind of a messed up story, but I'll tell you it. When I was a kid, about 4 or 5, I had literally zero friends because I was always covered in bruises because my dad was abusive. I was sitting on the swing set in the park and he came over to me. He told me I was pretty and that he wanted to be my friend, and from then on, he was always there for me. Sorry if that was out of the question," I say with a chuckle at the end. Instead of them also chuckling, they all stare at me, looking completely stunned.

"I knew this was a bad idea to talk about this," I say getting up. No one stops me. I walk into the washroom, taking in a few breaths and trying to calm myself down. When I wash my hands, someone comes in. Someone too familiar...