Part 15: Meeting up

Sabrina's POV

I went home at about 6 in the morning. Yeah, I only slept for like 2 hours. It was a really fun night though and I honestly don't regret it. When I got home, I went into my room and took a shower. I wasn't tired at all.

When I got out, I picked out a white crop top, pink cover up, black shorts, and white vans. I put my hair in a side braid and lightly put on mascara. I go on my phone and put my headphones in. I turn on the song, "Hey there Delilah."

Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City? I'm a thousand miles away, but girl tonight you look so pretty, yes you do. Time Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true!

I love that song so much despite how old it is. After it ends, I take my headphones out and go downstairs, since it's 8 in the morning already. I see everyone down there already. I decide to eat something today, so I grab a banana. I start to peel it when Jacob's parents leave the room.

"You're eating," Jacob comments.

"Yup," I say, popping the p. "Is there a problem with that?"

"No, not at all. I'm just really happy that you're starting to think of yourself differently," he says smiling. I don't smile back.

"So where are you going today?" He asks.

"I'm just meeting up with a couple of my friends at Starbucks today," I tell him.

"Can I come?"

"I guess," I respond.

"When are you leaving?"

"About 10, so you have around 2 hours," I say. He nods his head and goes into the bathroom.
I go onto the couch and put on a random movie, glancing up at it every once in a while, while I play on my phone. Jacob is done about half an hour later and he joins me on the couch.

"You were quicker than I thought you'd be," I comment. He chuckles.

"So we still have an hour left. What do you wanna do?" He asks.

"I don't know. I'm just watching Breaking Dawn, so you can watch it to if you want," I say. He agrees and sits next to me. We are both silent for the next hour, just simply watching the movie that's playing. An hour passes and we are out the door heading towards our location.

"So who are we meeting?" Jacob asks.

"Mark, Carson, and Kasey," I respond. He nods. When we get there, we see them sitting at a table already.

"Hey guys," I greet them, sitting down in an empty seat.

"Hey," they say in sync back.

"So what's up?" I ask.

"Nothing, really," Kasey responds.

"Hey, are you gonna order anything?" she asks me.

"Nah, I just ate," I tell her.

Jacob's POV

"Nah, I just ate," Sabrina tells Kasey. I scoff.

"Yeah, you only ate a banana," I say.

"That's enough to fill me-" I cut her off.

"Please, that's never enough to fill someone up," I argue.

"Jacob, stop being rude," Kasey says sternly.

"No, no. He's not Kasey. It's fine," Sabrina says.

"Yes he is."

"He's not. He's telling his honest opinion," she insists. I sigh and decide to cave in and drop the topic.

"She's right, Sabrina. I was being rude," I say.

"No you weren't," she argues.

"Let's just drop it," Carson says. We all agree.

"So you're not getting anything," Kasey says, making sure she is correct. Sabrina nods. After we all order, we all talk for a while about our lives recently.

"It was awesome meeting up with all of you, but I've gotta go help my sister pick a dress out for her graduation," Kasey tells us. "Maybe we could meet up at a restaurant tonight," she suggests. We all agree.

Sabrina's POV

We finally get home, and we a see bunch of glass cups shattered on the floor. Probably from Josie jumping on the counter. That cat can seriously act brain dead sometimes. All of a sudden, my tiredness hits me. I trip over my own two feet but before I can fall, Jacob steadies me.

"Did you run into a tree or something?" Jacob asks.

"No, I stayed up till 4 am and woke up at 6 in the morning, so I'm tired. But I'll help clean up and stuff," I say, drowsiness audible in my voice.

Jacob's POV

"No, you need to get some rest," I tell Sabrina.

"No, I pro-mise I'm fine," she stampers.

"You can barely stand. I think you need to sleep."

"No, I promise you, I'm fi-" she cuts herself off by starting to close her eyes. She quickly pops them open.

"I'm fine," she says, though she's clearly lying. I bring her closer to me, pushing her head towards my chest and I feel her body weight start to depend on me.

"You're tired," I tell her with a chuckle. She's doesn't move and I take that as the opportunity to carry her into her bedroom. I tuck her under the blankets and she digs her head into her pillow. I slightly smile at the sight.

"Thank you, Jacob," she whispers. I kiss her forehead before heading back out and cleaning the class, mentally scolding Josie for doing such a thing.

After I finish cleaning it up and doing some extra chores that my parents wanted me to do today, I go into bed and lay next to Sabrina. I don't pull her close to me because I know she's been a bit distant today and wants space. I turn the other way and close my eyes and feel them grow heavier by the minute until I fall asleep.