Part 11: Games

Sabrina's POV

Jacobs parents decided to let me take a week off of school because of what happened. Jacob too.

I wake up around 9 in the morning and grab my phone. Everyone heard about what happened. I thought there would be hate, just like every other time. I was wrong. There were so many supportive things! I felt so amazing. Big smiles kept appearing on my face as I scroll through the messages.

I turn my phone off and get up. I walk into the bathroom and get changed into something comfortable. I put my hair in a messy bun and walk down the stairs. Jacobs parents are down there already, Mrs. Sartorius making breakfast.

"Morning Mr and Mrs. Sartorius," I greet them as I walk down the steps.

"Morning Sabrina. Did you sleep okay?" Mrs. Sartorius asks me. I really like this family. They always want to make sure that you are okay.

"Yup, it was pretty good," I say.

"I made some pancakes if you would like some," Mrs. Sartorius offers. I slightly smile and shrug.

"I'm alright for now, but if there's leftovers, I'll definitely have them later," I say, fully knowing I won't, though it was nice of her to offer.
I head to the tv to see Mr. Sartorius watching a baseball game.

"What teams are playing?" I ask.

"Red Sox's and the Blue Jays," he tells me.

"Who are you routing for?"

"Blue Jays," he says.

"Me too."

As we watch, Mr.Sartorius says, "So you're into baseball?"

"Yup. I like to extend my knowledge to lots of things so I can have an interest in lots of different things. Sports I found were quite interesting and learned about nearly every one," I tell him.

"Do you know about hockey?" He asks.

"Yeah."

"What about basketball?"

"Basketball is actually one of my favourite sports."

"Really?" He asks.

"Yup. I felt more drawn to it when I was learning about it," I tell him. He nods his head.

I look at the screen to see Drew Hutchison do a horrible pitch. I scoff when I see the throw.

"Oh ,come on Hutchison! Pull it together!" I exclaim.

"Wait, you know who the players are?" Mr. Sartorius questions me.

"Of course I do. Even if I didn't," I point to the players running. "they have their names on their jerseys."

"I suppose you're right."

"Hutchison is my favourite player," I tell him.

"I prefer Saunders," he says.

"But he's an outfielder."

"You're point being? I still think he's great," he says.

"True enough," I agree.

We continue watching with me and dad - sorry, I meant Jacob's dad- yelling out things. In the end, the Blur Jays end up winning.

"Ha! They won!" Mr. Sartorius shouts, giving me a high-five.

"Oh, brother" Mrs. Sartorius groans behind us. We both laugh. I hear footsteps coming from the hallway and see a tired looking Jacob emerge from the dimmed hall.

"Thanks for waking me up," he groans.

"You're welcome," I say. He glares at me and gets a plate from the cupboard.

"So what were you guys yelling about?" He asks as he takes a few pancakes and puts them onto his plate.

"We were watching a baseball game," I tell him.

"You're into baseball?" He questions me. I nod my head.

"What about basketball?" I nod my head again. "Since when did you get into all of these sports?"

"I don't know. I just kind of know this stuff," I say. He nods his head and takes a bite out of his pancake.

"So do you wanna play basketball later on the court at the park?" He asks with a mouth full of pancakes.

"Sure. Just let me get changed into something else so I don't look like I just got out of bed," I say. He nods and I go upstairs into my room and pick out clothes (in media). I walk back down the stairs and see Jacob is already dressed somehow.

"Where did you get your clothes?" I say.

"Don't worry about it," he says as he motions me to the door. I shrug and walk out with him. We walk in silence to the park, except for the ball that Jacob is dribbling every once and a while. When we get to the court, we go to the centre line.

"First to get to 21 wins, okay?" I say. He nods.

"And... go!"

I absolutely love this chapter! I don't do chapters with many sports involved, so this was really fun to write! And I'm really sorry for not updating the past few days. I feel really bad, so I'm going to update 3 times today, so make sure your checking if you want to read! Love you guys!
-Kay😇😈