Chapter 1 The Beginning

Standing in my New York one bedroom apartment packing the rest of my clothes  I look into the mirror whispering to myself  "You need a fresh start Brittany you DESERVE a fresh start he can't hurt you or find you where your headed" I finish packing my last box of clothes and take a black sharpie and label it "Clothes" I carry it into the living room which is connected to a small kitchen where my bestfriend Ally is wrapping my coffee mugs and plates with newspaper and gently placing them in a box. Ally has not been excited about me moving  over twelve hours away  from her and my  brother James, but she knows she can't stop me from leaving after all that happened to me last year she knows I need and deserve a fresh start. Listen Brittany Ally says in a gentle voice "why do you have to move so far away? And also why on earth would you move into a house right beside where a serial killer use to live!"Ally is referring to the fact that I found a two bedroom, two bathroom house in  Haddonfield Illinois. I take a long deep breathe seeing is how we have been over this five times since we have started packing, "Listen Ally, I have to get as far away from him as possible.. You out of all people should understand that, hell Ally you and James saved my life from him. I know its far away but you guys can always come and visit me, and for that whole serial killer Michael Myers dude I thought he died like five years ago so I'm really not that worried."  As we finish packing the last of my stuff we take it down to where the movers are waiting with a U-Hall truck putting all my boxes in the back of the truck before closing the big door, I give them the new address of my house for where they are to drop off my stuff and they simply nod and leave. Ally gives me a big hug squeezing me before letting go. " You promise to call me as soon as you get to the house, and please be careful!" I give her a reassuring smile and pick up  my duffel bag that has a few outfits and my essentials in it for my travel to Haddonfield. As I watch Ally get into her car and leave I look back at my apartment building with a smile on my face and say to myself  " Alright Brittany time to get the fuck out of here" I hope in my car and begin the long drive to my new home. twelve hours and forty five minutes later I finally pull into my new driveway of my new house. Well here it is home sweet home, I walk into the house absolutely exhausted I notice that the movers were already here seeing is how my furniture is all in the living room other then my bed which is upstairs in the master bedroom , but my boxes are unpacked and piled up in the hallway. I'm just thankful they brought in my big furniture for me, meanwhile they probably thought I wouldn't be able to handle it on my own. I walk into the living room which is a fairly nice size except for the only thing about this house is it needs a serious paint job it look a little out  of date with all this sketchy wallpaper but i'm happy. I sit down on my couch and pull out my phone, I dial Ally's phone number and she answers on the second ring.

Ally - Brittany! Did you make it? How was the drive? How does it look?

Brittany- Whoa slow down Ally , yes I made it safe, the drive was long as hell and it looks great other than it needs a pop of color in here the wallpaper in this house looks like it's from the eighteenth century. But Ally I need to get some sleep I am so exhausted from my drive.

Ally- Alright , Boo call me tomorrow? 

Brittany- Of course, Night Ally 

I hang up the phone and shove it in my pocket, grabbing the box that says "Clothes" and take it upstairs to my bedroom. As I begin unpacking it until I can find my pajamas I slip out of my clothes I was wearing and put my pajamas on and grab my comforter and pillow out of the bag of blankets and pillows. As soon as my head hit the pillow I was fast asleep.