The Truth & The Initiation

Slender begins to walk to face me instead of lurking behind Michael and I,and lets out a huff.

Slenderman- "Well to start off with people just think we are scary stories, legendary tales to scare kids, a myth well we aren't! So the stories you probably heard from the humans you spend time with have told you are all true, Jeff snapped and killed his family, Freddy over there kills children in their nightmares, Jason kills teenagers who enter a camp called Crystal Lake and well I don't feel like getting into my origin story here, and you are probably already aware of Michael's story." I simply nod my head Yes,As he continues to explain what's going on. "Well we all heard of each other and came together as a group and realized we are all not that different from each other so we formed an alliance, so that when shit hits the fan for one of us or someone in this group becomes in danger we all drop everything and help the others.. Are you following me so far? I barely get a chance to respond when he continues talking, Well you see with Halloween just around the corner that is Michael's time most people especially teenagers like to try and break into his house and stir up trouble and the last thing Michael wants is for someone to try and see or hurt you so during Halloween Jason, Jeff , Freddy and myself hang around the town in the shadows of course but we watch Michael's back and now we intend on watching yours as well."

I quickly whip my head around back to Michael looking him dead in the eyes, "That's why you were gone and didn't tell me where you were? You left to help one of them?"

Michael-"Yes.. I'm sorry I couldn't tell you until I felt like the time was right and that you would be ready but after our night together.."

Jeff-" WAIT!! MICHAEL DUDE DID YOU GET LAID!!" Jeff says in a voice that sounds like a college frat boy who would high five his bro for getting pussy..

Michael shoot's Jeff a intense death glare as Freddy, Jason and Slender give me a glare as if they are concerned. "It was just one time .. I swear" I blurt out not realizing how horrible it sounded but they still look concerned, Slender turns to Michael saying to him in a stern voice that even makes Michael seem to nervous to meet Slenders gaze.

Slenderman- "Michael what were you thinking? A human she hasn't even been brought into the alliance yet things could happen.."

Michael then becomes just as stern as what Slender was " No harm was done to her and there will be no consequences for what happened between Brittany and myself."

That's when it dawned on me that Slenderman probably thought that Michael maybe of gotten me knocked up. I pipe up and shut that theory down in a hurry 

"WHAT NO, nothing serious happened well for a consequence to happen besides i'm on birth control."

The entire group goes quiet when Michael finally breaks the silence.

Michael- " Brittany, are you willing to do the initiation?And become one of us?"

I think to myself as I stare at my feet if it would be worth it? What could I possibly have to do? Clearly by the way Michael is acting he wants me to do it... But if I don't do it I will never see him again.

"Alright, what do I have to do?" 

They all look at me in surprise like they thought I would say no, but they were wrong.

Slenderman- " Well first you must enter into the forest alone following that path, and listen to the voices at the end of the path you will sit on the hard ground and hold out ur hand with your eyes closed, in your hand will be the weapon that death has chose for you.. After you receive your weapon, Death will mark you." 

I keep looking at the ground then at Michael then at the entrance of the darkest part of the forest. I just nod my head and wait for him to finish because I have a feeling the news is only going to get worse..

Slenderman-" And then on Halloween night, you will end someone's life as a sacrifice to death for granting you with what you receive."

"What will I receive from death? Other than a weapon?"

Michael-"It's different for all of us but for me it's the powers of healing quickly, strength and speed" 

I kiss Michael's cheek and give the guys a nod as they escort me to the entrance of the path and I begin walking.