Chapter 8 The Aftermath

I wake up  in a hospital at first not knowing what happened, and where I was...

Michael-"Baby, baby are you awake."

I slowly open my eyes and see Michael sitting there by the side of the hospital bed I reach for his hand when I still feel my head pounding but I finally am aware of my surroundings, I grab Michael's hand and squeeze. "Michael, what happened?"

Michael-" Baby, we were on the phone when you were driving back home to me when you told me someone was following you and then I heard you crash.. But you also said you had something to tell me when you came home do you remember what that was?"

Before I could answer the nurse comes in, "Miss Dickison, how are you feeling?"

"I've been better, can I go home soon?"

Nurse-" We wanna do one more ultrasound before you leave but we can discharge you today, but from what we seen the baby will be okay, but I wanna do one more ultrasound are you ready?"

I turn to Michael as he has a shocked look on his face, the only thing I could think of saying is "Surprise, your gonna be a daddy." As the nurse pulls up my shirt and tucks a towel into my waistband of my pants she puts the ultrasound gel on my lower stomach and begins to put a small amount of pressure when there it is, a little fetus in my uterus. I smile as the nurse prints off the ultrasound pictures, "The little one is still in there which is a good sign so the crash didn't effect it, by the looks of it is  your about eight weeks pregnant, you will be due in May congratulations."

I can't help but smile, never in a million years have I dreamed about being a mom this much but as soon as we get home Michael and I have a lot to talk about.. He is still sitting there shocked even nervous. After an hour I'm finally discharged from the hospital as we get into a rental car that Michael ordered we begin driving home, as I sit in the passenger seat the entire ride home is silent, I can't help but feel slightly uncomfortable by the silence during the car ride we pull up to the house I get out and without a word to Michael I head inside shutting the door behind me.