Chapter 5 The Path To Death

Having no source of light my eyes begin to adjust to the darkness around me, as I hear the voices and whispers that Slender was talking about, not gonna lie that voices are sketchy hearing "Help me, Save us, your going to die" are pretty much the sort of words I figured I would hear. After walking down the path for what feels like hours I see a black mist that I can just faintly make out,I begin following it until I come to a clearing in the forest I do as Slender told me to do I kneel on the ground holding my hands out and close my eyes soon enough I feel this dark and evil maybe even scary presence all around me but I keep my eyes shut only to feel something placed in my hands I grip it tight when I hear a deep evil voice whisper in my ear, "Open your eyes I have something for you." I hold the weapon in my hand not knowing what it is yet I then begin screaming in pain as I feel a burning sensation all along my left forearm and my eyes begin to burn I continue to scream in pain when I hear the voice once more.

"I have waited for you for a millenial you have finally arrived and now you are ready!" 

I turn to where I think is where I came from and begin stumbling and falling to the ground until I finally see the guys I walk up to Michael and collapse in his arms in absolute pain I hope my eyes and notice I'm back in my bed but it's not quite dawn when I turn and notice Michael is sitting right beside me and the guys are standing at  the end of my bed.

" Guys what the fuck you scared me! , What happened Michael? Why am I not feeling any pain? When I remember a burning feeling."

Michael-"Brittany, you just went through an initiation and met Death himself he burnt your forearm with a marking that we haven't seen before, and your eyes are different they are blood red now..."

I flip the light switch on and push the guys out of the way walking over to the mirror and seeing how my eyes have become as red as the blood that courses through veins . I blink and realize my new eye color is not going to go away, I walk back over to Michael who then places a scythe   in my hand it not huge but I begin looking it over as the blade is black and fucking sharp and the handle is blood red with a skull symbol on it and markings all along the handle.

Slenderman-  "Well I have to admit I know one thing and that I know what weapon that is.."

I am still mesmerized by my new "toy" so to speak, as Slender tries to finish his sentence when I cut him off

" It is the scythe of death.. Hey quick question why did Death himself hand over his own weapon?"

They all look at me confused like I need more sleep or like I have four heads 

Jeff-"Wait you heard death? He spoke to you?"

Me not thinking its a big deal or anything, just thinking that everyone else standing in my bedroom heard from him too Michael answers in a calm voice.

Michael-" Britt.. None of us have ever truly spoken or encountered Death we have only felt him and heard him in our thoughts, Never has he ever spoken to anyone directly."

I sit there in shock and just simply say "Well all he simply said to me is that He has been waiting for me  for a millennial and that I am ready."

Slenderman -" I will look through the prophecies to see if anytime is mentioned of a girl encountering death, in the meantime Michael stay with Brittany we still are unaware of her powers and what death has granted her.."

And with that Slender,Jeff,Jason and Freddy all vanish into the darkness. Leaving me with Michael he lets out a sign.

"What's wrong are you not digging the whole red eyed marked up version of me?" 

Michael-"You look beautiful, there just one thing we  need to discuss.. You have to kill someone in two days Brittany.."

"I remember Michael but how do I know when and who?"

He looks at me holding my cheeks in his hands and whispers "You will just know."