Where Did He Go?

The next morning I hear my alarm go off and I turn over to hit the button but then I realize I'm alone, the bed is empty it's only me.. I turn my alarm off and start hollering for Michael, knowing that I didn't dream of it I know that I'm not crazy that he was here in my bed last night I unplug my phone and call him but no answer, I just figure he probably went home or something but I can't help but feel upset like something is wrong but I try and shrug it off, I put my uniform on and head to work and I get into work before Lilian and Mark to try and get a head start so that I can stop worrying about Michael, I put on my apron and I hear the back door close and then Mark and Lilian come in with some coffee's, Mark gives me a smile and hands me a coffee. "three cream? Did I get that right?" I give him a smile and thank him.

"Yes that is exactly right thank you Mark I appreciate it."

Lilian- "Wow thank you for opening up the store for us love, it's really nice to have some help around here."

I give her a hug and set my coffee down as a customer walks in I begin greeting the customer without looking up

" Welcome to Warner's Hardware Store how can I help you today?" I then look up and realize who it is.

Ally? whisper in a soft pinch me i'm dreaming voice.

Ally- " Hey, Britt"

She runs over and gives me a hug I squeeze her back but I can tell something is wrong like seriously wrong. I look at her with a serious face, on top of Michael not answering me and literally ghosting me, my best friend shows up at my work looking like she ran my dog over or something.

I finally break the silence " Ally what's  wrong, because clearly if this was a happy surprise you would be jumping up and down and squealing in my ear with excitement..."

Ally - " It's James he was jumped, he's okay but we think it was Seth and his goons . We don't want you to come home for Halloween like we planned, We don't want you anywhere near New York.. Brittany he's looking for you."

I go as white as a sheep, I leave New York to have a fresh start when my past comes back and targets the last living family member I have. Just when I am about to speak Ally hugs me again, I begin to cry as soon as Ally realizes I'm crying she begins to as well. We walk to the back of the store where I spot Lilian and she looks at me and takes us both to the breakroom, I explain to Lilian what the news is and she gives us both a hug. 

Lilian- "Brittany.. Take the rest of the day off go home and have a drink and we will see you tomorrow, I will let Mark know what's going on."

I give her a hug before Ally and I head out the back door and drive to my house. When we get inside I set my purse on the table in the hallway, kick my shoes off and walk over to the fridge and grab a beer I'm about to hand one to Lilian when she tells me that she can't have any

Ally- "There is one more thing I have to tell you Britt.."

She looks really nervous, I start putting a few things together and I smile  at her " Your Pregnant aren't you?" 

She looks up at me and nods rapidly and tears come down her cheeks " It's James's baby" 

I smile and tear up not being able to contain my emotions " I'm going to be an aunt,  I'm so happy for you guys oh my god! How far along are you?"

Ally smiles at me  "The doctor said about six weeks, I couldn't  wait to tell you, same with your brother but then the ambush happened and just everything went to hell.. "

" Will you be okay Ally? I don't want you in danger especially now that I know your pregnant.."

Ally gives me that classic smirk she gives and wiggles her eyebrows, " I will be just fine love, don't worry about us , just promise me you won't come back to New York until we say it's safe to come back for a visit please"

I promise her that I won't even though it breaks my heart that I can't even come and visit them without my life being in danger. As we try and lighten the mood we begin talking about baby names , work, if I met anyone out here that she should know about . In my head as soon as she says that I think of Michael but I just tell her about Ben and how he's sorta friendzoned because I'm too chicken shit to start anything with him but in reality I don't want him. We end up ordering Chinese food and spread it out on the kitchen table like its a buffet I continue to check my phone as we are eating but still nothing from Michael. I finally decide to send him a text ...

"Michael, I don't know what's going on with you but you are seriously starting to worry me on top of all the other bullshit that is going on I don't need you leaving me behind after all I feel a special connection with you that I can't lose. Please text me or call me so I know your okay.."

Ally - " Well love, do you have that spare room set up for me "  she smiles at me thank god she's spending the night with me, I don't think I can be alone right now but I also feel like she can't either.

"You know I do boo , here I'll show you " I take her bag upstairs and show her to the spareroom which is right beside mine. " I'll be leaving around seven thirty tomorrow for work but stay as long as you need Ally"

Ally-"I will be leaving tomorrow morning too, James gets out of the hospital tomorrow so i'll leave when you head out for work"

I say goodnight to Ally and head into my room after locking all the doors but as I predicted I get no sleep.