Chapter 7

Chapter 7: I don't like food fights

I made my way downstairs. I heard my mom and Ms.P in the kitchen. I went in the kitchen and saw the two of them setting up for dinner. They were carrying things to the table. Aiden was in the living room watching TV.

Soon we were all surrounded at the dinner table. It wasn't a small table yet we still managed to be really close to one another. My mom was sitting across from me and next to her was Aiden's mom. Jessie was sitting on a side by himself and of course Aiden sat next to me. Yay....

We were eating our pasta when my mom spoke up. "Corey, why are you wearing your glasses?"

I looked at her and swallowed my mouth full of pasta. "I fell and lost my contacts." She just nodded her head meaning she understood. I continued eating when Jessie spoke up.

"Corey slow down, your going to choke." I glared at him and Aiden started chuckling. He's so disgusting.

I elbowed him in his side, telling him to shut up.

"Ow!" He elbowed me in my side.

"Ow!" I gave him a shove on my shoulder and he did the same to me only I fell of my chair. He snickered.

"Sorry Corey. I didn't mean to do that." Amusement clear in his voice. Like hell he didn't. I grabbed a hand full of pasta and plopped it right on his head.

"Well I didn't mean to do that." I wiped my hand on his white t-shirt. His jaw dropped open. I wanted to laugh.

Then, he grabbed pasta and threw it at me.

You could only imagine what this led to. A food fight. Between me and Aiden.

****************

Me and Aiden stood there side by side. We were covered in noodles and sauce.

"We're sorry we got in a food fight." I mumbled before mine and Aidens mother. "I promise it won't happen again."

My mom scoffed. "Your right it won't happen again. Go up stairs and get cleaned up both of you and we'll discuss your punishment when you come back down."

I slowly went up the stairs, Aiden following me. Aiden has been to my house plenty of times. He grabbed a towel out the closet and headed for the bathroom in the hallway. I went inside my bedroom and grabbed my towel. I went inside my bathroom and stripped my clothes. I hopped into the shower and cleaned myself. It felt good. For five minutes, I was actually getting some peace. I'm a shower-singer so I sang the first song that popped into my head, Hey Mama by David Guetta.

Banging the drum like dum di-di day
I like the dirty rhythm you play
I wanna hear you calling my name like
Hey mama mama, Hey mama mama
Banging the drum like dum di-di day
I know you want it in the worst way
I wanna hear you calling my name like
Hey mama mama, Hey mama mama

I steeped out of the shower and wrapped my towel around me. I stepped out of my bathroom when I stopped in my tracks.

There in front of me, was a wet Aiden that had his towel wrapped around his waist, low. He was drying his hair with another trowel. I couldn't help but stare at his abs.

Well Damn.....

He saw me and smirked. "What?" You could hear the amusement in his voice.

"Wh....why are you in my room?"

He ignored my question. "Corey Hale, were you just checking me out?" God I hate him.....

"No." My voice came out froggy again. It always did that when I lied too. Aiden raised an eyebrow at me.

"The guest room is locked so I came in here." He simply stated.

"Okay fine," my voice was still froggy. "Um...could you turn around?"

"Why?"

"Because, I need to get something." He smirked at me and turned his back towards me. Damn...his shoulders......

Focus Corey!

I went up to my dresser and grabbed and underwear and bra and my pajamas. As I made my way back to the bathroom, I was stopped by Aidens voice. "You know Corey, singing dirty songs while your naked is pretty hot." I could already see the smirk on his face. Oh God.... I walked into my bathroom and locked the door behind me. Seeing how this day was going, I needed that lock. I got dressed and opened the door slightly to make sure Aiden was safe to look at. I peeped my head out and he was gone. Ok cool...

I made my way downstairs to see Aiden, his mom, and my mom waiting for me. Jessie was still at the dinner table on his phone. I stood next to Aiden.

"Alright. So we decided on your punishment." Aidens mom stated. "You guys will become the best of friends."

"What?" Me and Aiden said in unison. What does that even mean?

"You heard us." My mom added. "You guys will act like your best friends for a whole month. Prove to us that you can go that long without killing each other."

Aidens mom started again. "You guys will hang out and be polite to one another. If you fail to do even that, were going to add a week of your 'friendship'."

I groaned. Are they being serious. That's not a punishment. That's torture.

"We know it's a pretty childish punishment, but if you want to act like kids, you're going to get punished like kids. You guys are gonna be best friends and you're going to like it. Understood?"

I nodded my head. So did Aiden.

Me and Aiden, best friends. Oh God......