Chapter 30

Chapter 30: I don't like being punished

"You all will stay after school and clean the cafeteria. Understood?"

We all mumbled a yes.

"Mr.Praxston, Ms.Hale?" Everyone else made their way out of the office and me and Aiden stopped and looked back at Mr.James.

"Don't think I forgot about that month you guys still owe me." He rose his eyebrows.

Me and Aiden looked at each other and made a face.

Before the camping trip ever happened, we decided to skip on that punishment. We thought he wouldn't remember but that obviously wasn't the case.

"Shit." Aiden mumbled.

"So, you guys will join the rest of your crew with the cafeteria, and after, you will clean the greenhouse that's in the garden."

My mouth dropped open. Was he serious? Clean the greenhouse?! What kind of punishment is that?!

"Clean the greenhouse?! Are you serious?!" Aiden exclaimed.

"Yes." Mr.James said simply. "Now get back to your classes and this better be the last I see you two in this office. Understood?" He said sternly.

Aiden rolled his eyes and walked out while I nodded my head and followed him.

"I hate my life." I groaned. We were walking side by side down the hallway. "Why can't I just crawl in a hole and die?"

"Because I'd have no one to annoy." Aiden shoved me slightly. I chuckled at him and shoved him back.

"You're so thoughtful." I remarked sarcastically.

He winked at me. "You know it."

*************************

"Oh my God!" We all snapped our heads in Danny's direction. "I think I broke a nail!" She whined.

I rolled my eyes and went back to scrubbing the tables.

"I swear I'll break the rest of them if you don't shut the hell up!" Jackson snapped at her. Jackson was a pretty lazy guy; so anytime that he had to do work, he wasn't happy. At all.

Right now, me, Peyton, and Naomi were cleaning tables. Jackson and Aiden were cleaning the floors, and hell if I knew what Danny was doing.

"Jackie, I dont know why you're being so mean to me. I thought you loved me." She asked in that stupid childish voice.

"Oh my god!" Aiden shouted. "He doesn't like you. Nobody here likes you. You haven't done anything but talk my fucking ears off and I'm sick and tired of hearing your voice. Now be quiet!"

I wanted to laugh at Danny's face.

"Why don't we all be quiet?" Peyton rolled his eyes. "Talking isn't gonna get us out of here fast enough."

"It doesn't matter because it looks like we're done." Naomi sighed. We all stood and examined the room. It looked clean to me.

"She's right. We are done." I sighed from relief.

"Hallelujah!" Jackson he said pumping his fist in the air. He came up to me and gave me a really quick hug. "I'll see you later, marshmallow. I need to take a nap." He let out a cough. And with that, he was out of the room.

I chuckled. Jacksons something else.

I felt a hand on my arm. I turned my head and locked gazes with Peyton. "You want me to take you home?" He asked. I shook my head.