Epilouge

Chapter 40: I don't like our happy endings.

Six Years Later
Aiden's P.O.V

I walked into the house and it was quiet. The lights were off and it seemed like no one was home.

Unbelievable.

I walked up the stairs and I heard Cookie following me. She's gotten bigger over the years. Once I reached the top of the stairs, I kneeled down in front of her. I took her face in my hands and she just stared at me.

"You know where Corey is?" I asked the dog in a hushed voice. She just put her tongue out and licked her nose. I sighed. "Of course you don't." I made my way to the bedroom and I opened the door.

I shook my head at the sight. Corey was still sleeping. I bet she hasn't moved since I left.

I went over to the bed, where she laid on her back and I could see her bumped stomach moving up and down. I kneeled down next to the bed so my face was at the side of her head.

I poked her. "Corey." I poked her again. "Corey wake up." Poke. "Corey!" I whispered yelled.

"Fuck. Off." She mumbled with her eyes still closed. Ladies and gentlemen, my lovely wife who is the most kindest and sweetest thing in the world.

"I got your stuff." I told her. Her eyes opened and she turned her head. I raised my eyebrows at her.

"I love you so much." She mumbled again. I stood up and offered a hand. She took it and she held on to her stomach as she sat up. She threw her legs over the bed and sighed.

"Corey, it's eleven thirty. Why are still sleeping?"

She glared at me. "Because I'm carrying your child. Therefore, I can do whatever the hell I want." She took the bag from me and I just watched her.

I was used to her being all moody. It's been happening for the past nine months. However, her mood swings, are terrible. She'll yell at me and blame me for something one minute, and then the next, she's telling me how much she loves me and I make her feel special. Then, you have the moments when she's acting like a hormonal teenager. Then, when she breaks out into tears about how her life is ending. It was a lot to handle but, I handled it.

If she needed anything, I would be there for her. I supported her.

I watched as she took out the sour cream and onion chips and the peanut butter. Sure I could handle everything else that came with this pregnancy, but her weird eating habits were just disgusting. She took the chips and scooped it in the peanut butter and shoved it in her mouth. She took the bottle of spray-able cheese and squirted it in her mouth. She chewed with her mouth full as I stared at her with distaste.

"What?" She asked me like there was nothing wrong.

"How can you eat that?" I chuckled at her. She shrugged.

"You okay?" I asked her. She nodded her head.

"Yeah thanks. Can- ah." She placed her hand on her stomach. I moved closer to her in alert. Corey was thirty nine weeks into her pregnancy and the doctor said that we should be expecting very soon. Anytime I thought about it, it made me anxious.