Chapter 29

Chapter 29: I don't like apologizing

Aiden's P.O.V

Corey wanted to talk to me?

I could tell she was nervous because I could hear her voice on the edge of dropping and her nose did that crinkle thing.

I gave her a soft smile and nodded. "Sure."

She looked down at her hands before glancing back at me. "I'm sorry." She said in a soft voice.

Did she just say she was sorry? Why was she sorry? I'm the one that's been trying to apologize to her for over a month!

"Why are you sorry?" I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

She shrugged. "I avoided you for a while and that wasn't fair to you. I should've listened to what you had to say. Plus, I over-reacted. It wasn't that big of a deal."

I mentally frowned at that. What did she mean it wasn't that big of a deal? Whatever. "I should be the one apologizing to you. I hurt you and I really didn't mean to. I never want to hurt you, Corey. Ever." I told her staring straight into her eyes. She looked down at the ground and I saw that she was blushing. I smiled at the thought that I got her to blush.

She looked back up and gave a half smile. "So are we cool?" She asked hopeful.

"Definitely."

"Great." She relaxed. "Um....and thank you.....for today." Her voice going quiet. I just nodded my head.

I didn't want to think about it. Just thinking about it made me disgusted at how someone would treat Corey like that. It also would just make me mad.

"So, I've noticed you and Peyton have gotten closer." I tried to change the subject.

She smiled at the floor. "Yeah. He's awesome." Gross. I internally scowled. "Well, I've noticed you and Naomi are starting to take a liking to each other."

I made a face and she just laughed. "Not really. She's just being desperate. She keeps telling me that she misses me and all that other stuff."

I saw Corey's facial expression change. Was she relieved ? Holy shit.....

So Corey did have a crush on me.

I felt something inside my stomach that felt oddly familiar. It was a good feeling, though. I liked it.

"So now that we're cool, how about I take you out so we can both forget about this depressing day?" I asked her.

She crinkled her nose and nodded. "Sure. But....I need my clothes."

I looked down at her body and instantly regretted it because I found myself not looking away.

I looked down at her legs that were barley covered by the t-shirt. Damn...

Oh my god, why did Corey have this effect on me? Yeah I loved her as a person, but her body was just a bonus.

"Aiden!" I snapped my eyes up to hers. "Stop looking at me like that; you're freaking me out, and go get my clothes. It's cold and I'm freezing. She told me before walking back upstairs.

I couldn't stop the smile that appeared on my face. I missed Corey so much.

******************************