Chapter 8

Chapter 8: I don't like diners

I woke up to Jessie poking me again. I hope this wasn't going to be an everyday thing.

"Double time Biscuit. I leave in thirty!" I only heard him scream because I refused to pick my head up from my soft and comfy pillow. Knowing I had to face the world at some point, I got up and went to the bathroom to freshen up. I took a shower, covered my spots, then got dressed.

I went downstairs and Jessie was pouring out cereal. "You want some?" He asked me. I nodded my head. My mom worked early in the morning so Jessie was responsible for getting me to school.

We sat at the dinner table and we talked about random things. That's what I love about my brother. We could talk about literally anything with one another. One minute we could be talking about Kim Kardashian and the next, The Maze Runner. I will never get tired of Dylan O'brien.

Just as we were cleaning up, Jackson texted me.

~ not gonna make it to school. Text me ltr ~

I groaned. Now I have to face the world alone without my partner in crime. Poop. I texted him back.

~ Imu ~

He replied with a tongue out emoji.

"Alright let's roll." Jessie and me headed for the car and made our way to school.

*********************

I made my way to my locker. The halls were empty because everyone was at lunch. I was quiet the whole day. I didn't have my partner in crime. Who else was I suppose to talk to? Socializing was not my thing. As I closed my locker with my book in my hand I shrieked and dropped the book.

Aiden was there staring at me with a blank expression.

"Shit, Aiden! You scared me!" Because I was scared, my voice of course, changed. I placed a hand over my heart to slow my breathing.
Aiden just continued staring at me. "What do you want?" Nothing.

I was getting nothing.

I took that moment to take in his appearance. He wore regular jeans with a grey shirt and a dog tag that his dad gave him. That's another story. He looked like he could barley stand, leaned up against the lockers. His eyes stil trained on me, were red and and I smelled something unusual about him. He was high.

"Aiden are you high?" He just chuckled. A low deep chuckle, but he never took his eyes off me. He was starting to creep me out.

I shrieked again, causing my voice to sound even worse than it did. I was suddenly pushed up against the lockers with Aiden standing right in front of me with his arms on both sides of me. His face was directly in front mine. "Aiden what's wrong with you, get off me." Still nothing. He just stared at me.

I felt a hand grab my waist was pulled me closer to Aidens body. I gasped. He then buried his head in my neck. I felt his breathe hit my skin and my body went stiff.

Oh God. Not again. I hated when he made me feel like this.

"What is she doing to me?" He mumbled against my neck. What? "She's making me go crazy." His voice was quiet. "What am I suppose to do? I can't help myself. It's just everything about her. Her smile, her laugh, her eyes, her body. Oh god, her body."

Was he talking about me? I quickly pushed that out of my head and concluded that it was just some other girl. I didn't understand why he was here though. Why was he high? What is he talking about?