Chapter 39

Chapter 39: I don't like new beginnings

19 Months Later

We all threw our caps in the air while our screams of joy filled the air.

Yup, we were graduating. I turned to my left and gave Aiden a hug and he wrapped his arms around me too. He squeezed me hard and I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

We are finally done with high school. My life doesn't have to be miserable anymore. Hallelujah!

Minutes later, students, parents, and teachers were in the dance hall where everyone was celebrating.

I was talking to Jay. "I'm so glad I'm done with this hell hole." He sighed.

"Me too. Are you going to Danny's graduation party?" I decided to tease him. He almost choked on his cake.

"Hell no!" He he was still coughing.

God he was such a girl. "You're so dramatic." He frowned at me and put his finger in his cake. He brought his finger up and swiped my cheek making me smile.

"Shut up." He told me. I was going to say something back to him when I felt a presence next to me. I looked up and saw Aiden smiling down at me.

"Hey." I got on my tippy toes and kissed his cheek. He slung his arm over my shoulder.

"Hey." He smiled at me and turned to Jackson. "What's up Jack?" They did that boy handshake thing.

"You know, I'm gonna miss you guys." Jackson pouted.

"Well, we do have a year together before we start school." I said to him.

Believe it or not, all of us were going to college. Yes. All of us.

So let me explain, I managed to help Aiden in the past year. I helped him get his grades up and he stopped drinking and smoking. I'm really proud of him.

Even though we weren't dating, our feelings for each other still remained and we've been helping each other actually. I helped him do better, and he helped me with my never ending heartbreak.

Thinking about it today, it's still a little disappointing but it doesn't hurt that much. Thanks to Aiden.

Speaking of Aiden, raising his grades and helping him quit smoking and drinking was hard. It was not easy at all. No offense, but bathing a cat would be easier. It took a lot of time and we had some arguments about it too. Eventually but slowly, we got there and now he's better.

In fact, he's on the Honors list. Not to pat myself on the back but.....

It took two school years to help each other but it was totally worth it. Me and Aiden also eventually started dating. He asked and asked constantly if I was ready and I told him no. I knew he didn't want to pressure me but I could tell he was desperate. It was so cute. After a while, I denied him just to get on his nerves. It was adorable how desperate he was. At first I really wasn't ready but then it just started to be cute they way he would always ask me.

He told me there was only one thing Peyton had right. I was in fact like a butterfly. Pretty to see, yet hard to catch.

It was corny, but sweet.

So now, we're together and who knows what the future holds?

Jackson will be attending Lincoln University next year and Jessie will be attending Kean this fall. Me and Aiden on the other hand will be attending the University of New York. That's right, we're going to the same university.