Chapter 37

Chapter 37: I don't like heartbreak

I smiled as I looked at myself in the mirror. I wasn't dressed in any special type of way but today was in fact special. Today marks two months since me and Peyton started dating.

I don't know how to explain it but, being in love with Peyton is the greatest feeling in the world. Despite anything else, I really did love Peyton.

Even my feelings toward Aiden. Yesterday when I admitted to being in love with him was weird. To tell the truth, at the moment, it felt good telling him that, especially  knowing that he loved me back.

However, I felt weird about saying that considering the fact that I have a boyfriend. To be honest, I can't really explain how I felt about it. I didn't feel guilty but at the same time, I kind of do.

Oh well.

I sighed before walking down the stairs. Today, I was meeting  Peyton at his house for my 'surprise'. I couldn't help but feel excited about it.

I made my way into the kitchen to find Jessie pouring milk into a bowl of cereal. It's not like he can't cook anything else.

"Where's your book bag?" He asked me.

"I'm going to be at Peyton's for the day." I told him. "You think you can give me a ride?"

Jessie shrugged. "Sure. Let me just finish breakfast." I nodded my head and joined him at the table. We started talking about Thanksgiving and Turkeys. We're weird like that.

Once Jessie was finished eating his Lucky Charms, we were on our way to Peyton's house.

"So, do I have to ask why you are skipping school to go to your boyfriends house? " Jessie looked over at me.

I shook my head. "Don't worry, we have a good reason." I smiled. Jessie narrowed his eyes.

"Are you guys-"

"No." I quickly cut him off. He kept his eyes narrowed.

"Alright." He made a face. The same face Aiden and Jackson made. Why do they keep making that face? God, I hate that face.

"Oh my God! Don't tell me you don't like Peyton either."

Jessie raised his finger. "Ah, I didn't say that."

I tilted my head and crossed my arms."Jessie."

"Ok fine. I'll admit, I'm not his biggest fan. This guy just seems too perfect you know?"

Too perfect? What wrong with perfect?

I gave a tired sigh. "Whatever." I mumbled. Once we stopped in front of Peyton's house, I opened the door and turned to Jessie. "Thanks." I told him.

He nodded. "No problem, Biscuit. I'll see you later." I shut the car door and made my way up the porch steps. I heard Jessie's car pull away as I reached the front door.

I put my hand on the door knob and pushed it open. Peyton had texted me earlier saying that when I get to his house, that I could walk right in.

I closed the door behind me and the lights were off. Since it was daytime, the house was still lit with sunshine.

What the hell?

"Peyton?" I called out. It seemed like there was no one home. I made my way up the stairs and entered the hallway where all the room doors were open except one.