Chapter 16

Chapter 16: I don't like donuts

Aiden's P.O.V

As I entered the main hallway I stopped to go in my locker. When I turned around I saw Peyton approaching me.

"Hey Aiden."

I just stared at him. Why he was acting like that; I don't know why but he was probably ready to tease me about something.

"I was just wondering how you felt about Corey being my girlfriend." He smirked.

I scowled. I knew he intended to break Corey's heart but i never thought he would ask her to be his girlfriend. It clicked. I guess the closer they were, the more it would hurt her in the end.

I wasn't going to let that happen though. I promised myself that I was going to keep her away from him.

All I had to do was to keep interfering with his plans but it seems anytime I do, he thinks of something else.

"As long as I'm around, she'll never go out with you."

"We'll see about that." He turned and made his way over to Corey's locker. When she closed it, I saw her face and she turned to Peyton. Her back was facing me and Peyton was standing in front of her.

They talked and I saw her put her hand over his mouth. When she removed it, they began talking again.   He smiled at her then looked directly at me. I could tell he wanted to smirk.

He looked back at her and said something. Then he hugged her. He looked at me again and mouthed ''She's mine." Before smirking. He looked down at her again and they began to talk  again before walking away.

When Corey turned around, she spotted me looking at her. She mouthed a 'what' to me but I didn't say anything.

I had to admit Peyton was quite the actor. I can't blame Corey for falling into his trap. I was wondering if he even asked her. By the look on her face, I don't think he did. He was probably waiting for 'the right moment'.

Liam came up to me and we started talking.

"Hey man, are we still on tomorrow?" He asked me.

I nodded my head. "Yeah."

I looked back at where Corey was standing to see her gone.

"Ok so let me tell you about what Jordan said to me this morning....."
He was always talking about Jordan. She wasn't his girlfriend but they did act like a couple.

I was still mad however. Peyton was going to ask Corey out and I needed to keep her away from him. How was I going to do that when she was falling for his little game?

I needed to get Corey out of my head. I was thinking about her too much. Anytime I thought about her too much I would do things to get her out my mind.

I would get high or drunk or hook up with some girl so my mind is clear of Corey. It was basically my only option to keep myself away from her.

I looked across the hall and saw a blonde girl standing with her friend. She was wearing shorts and a shirt that revealed most of her chest.

I told Liam I would catch up with him later and I went over to the girl.

When she saw me, she smiled. "Hey Aiden. What brings you here?" I just smirked at her before taking he hand and leading her into a empty classroom.

Corey who?

*********************

I made my way up the stairs of the Hale's house as I heard laughter coming from Corey's room.