Chapter 38

Chapter 38: I don't like forgetting you

I should've known. I was Peyton's butterfly, but everyone knows that once you touch it, it can never fly again.

I walked out of my algebra class and strode down the hallway. It was the end of the day and I was ready to go home. Who wouldn't be. As I approached my locker, I put my books in and started making my way to the parking lot.

I walked up to Jessie's car and got tin the passengers seat to find him waiting. "Hey, Biscuit."

I gave him a weak smile. I still wasn't over what had happened. It still hurts and every time I thought about it, it hurt even more. I tried to stop thinking about it but trying to not think about something only made me think about it more.

"Come on, Corey. You haven't smiled for the past two days. You're killing me here." Jessie sighed.

"I'm sorry, Jessie. It's not like I want to be in a bad mood. I just am. I don't know how to get out of it." I told him.

"What's going to make you feel better? You want me to kill him, I'll kill him." Jessie suggested. I chuckled.

I shook my head. "You can't kill him."

"Why not?"

I gave him a pointed look. "You can't kill him." I repeated a smile forming on my face.

"Awww, look at that. She's smiling." Now, There was a full out smile on my face.

"Shut up." I told him while slapping his arm.

He started to pull out the parking lot, Jackson walked in front of the car. Jessie leaned back in his seat in frustration. "What do you want?" He yelled through the front mirror. Jackson just walked to the side of the car and got in the backseat.

"I need a ride." He said simply once he closed the back door.

We both turned to look at him. "Dude, you can't just walk in front of a car. I could've flatten you!" Jessie said incredulously.

Jackson just shrugged. "But you didn't. " he turned to me and smiled. "Hey Marshmallow." I smiled back.

"Hey Jay."

Jessie sighed and started to drive again. "You guys have the weirdest nicknames." He mumbled.

"No we don't. Marshmallow suits Corey. She's soft and fluffy." Jackson said.

I laughed. "I'm soft and fluffy?" I asked him.

"Yeah." He said in a duh tone. "Every time I hug you, you feel like a marshmallow." I started laughing again.

"That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard." Jessie said.

"Well, your face is the funniest thing I've ever seen." Jackson threw back at him. I started laughing even more. Anytime they were together, they would always argue. Jackson was like a brother to me and Jessie so it was perfectly normal to argue like this.

"Oh yeah, if my face is so funny, how comes Bianca's all over it then?" Jessie smirked.

"Because she has a sense of humor." Jackson said it like it was the obvious thing in the world. Jessie rolled his eyes but that didn't keep the small smile off his face. "I'm hungry, can we go to Val's?" Jackson asked.

"Absolutely not. I'm dropping you off home so I don't have to hear your annoying voice." Jessie stopped at a red light.

I loved Val's. It was my absolute favorite diner......

"I'm hungry too. I want to go to Val's." I pouted.

Jessie looked at me then at Jackson through the rear view mirror who was pouting as well.

He sighed. "Fine."

Next thing you know, Jacksons and My screams of joy filled the car.

*************************

I walked into the house with Jessie. "Wow. I'm stuffed." I said as we made our way for the living room where Aiden was watching TV.

"Hey guys." His voice was raspy and I think he just woke up form a nap considering that there was a blanket on the couch next to him and his hair looked more messy than usual.

We sat down next to him and I saw he was watching cartoons. "Hey." I replied to him.

"Where were you guys?" Aiden asked stretching his arms over his head.

"I took Corey and the ass to dinner." Jessie said. "Sorry we didn't take you."

Aiden shrugged. "I'm not hungry anyway."

"Well I need to go take a nap. I'll see you guys in five hours." Jessie sighed getting up and walking up the stairs.

Aiden turned to me. "Are you feeling better?" I smiled and nodded my head.

Yesterday, Aiden spent the whole afternoon with me and I was grateful. Plus, today, I was with Jackson and Jessie. They helped take my mind off Pey-

Dammit.

"What's wrong?" Aiden asked concern in his voice. I looked up at him. "You started to frown." He told him.

"I can't seem to stop thinking about it." I whisper.

'Nothing between us was real.'

I keep hearing his voice and every time I heard it, my heart sank deeper and deeper into my stomach.

Aiden grabbed my hand. "Corey, I'm not going to tell you that it's going to get easy to get over. Your not going to forget about it and it will continue to hurt you as long as you remember. But trust me when I say that you don't have to go through it alone. I'm here, Jessie's here, Jackson's here."

I have him a weak smile. "Eventually, you will find someone that cares about. So much that hey won't hurt you and it'll be the greatest feeling in the world knowing that you both have the same feeling for each other." He continued, both of us staring into each other's eyes.

He was right. "Like you?" I whispered.

I cared about him and he cared about me. In fact we love each other.....

It feels right. He smiled at me. "Like me." I scooted closer and wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my head in his chest. He put his arms around me and stayed like that for a while.

It felt peaceful being with Aiden. He loves me and I knew that for a fact. The hurt was still there, I still felt broken but slowly, I could see Aiden making everything alright. He took some of the hurt away and replaced it with love. He loved me. And I loved him.

"So what do we do now?" I asked him still in his embrace.

He pulled away and cupped my face with both hands. "I want to be with you, Corey. I want to be able to say that your mine. I want to be able to be with you so no one else can have you."

I wanted to be with him too. But, I don't think I'm not ready another relationship. I literally just got out of one.

"I-I don't think I'm ready." I told him quietly.

He nodded his head in understanding. "I'll wait for you. I don't care how long it takes, Corey. Once your ready, I will be there. You're worth the wait. I thought I'd never love again but you changed that."

I put my head back on his chest. "I love you, Aiden."

"I love you, too." He said kissing my forehead.

It's not going to be easy. The hurt will still be there but I can see Aiden helping me through it. He will will love me throughout all the pain. Aiden Praxston loves me. And I love him.

•••••••••••••••••••••

I wrote this chapter once and then I published it. Then I starting writing on my other device and half the chapter got deleted since I didn't write it all at once in the same device. Grrrr. The original chapter was short before but now it's even shorter. I usually write all chapters over 1500 words and this one is just above 1000.

Grrrrrr. 😤

Anyway, remember to vote. 😝